1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray the Lord send me a wife

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by FundyPat, Nov 5, 2011.

1. FundyPat

FundyPat New Member

Just a request.

I'm pushing 40 and, I do believe that it time that I settled down and find me a wife to fuss over me (or at me :laugh:) and for me to drive her out of her mind. :tongue3:

Anyhow, I'm 39 and I'm willing to try again with all that romance and mushy stuff. (I've never been married. But, I did do a relationship thing once, when I was backslidden... it was not a good thing!)

So, pray the Lord send her, and more importantly, pray the Lord properly prepare my heart for all that. I just want my marriage to last 43 years; like my Mom and Dad's has. :thumbsup:

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray that God sends you the right woman.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

FundyPat- I once was where you are at. I know it can be a tough patch to be in. It was not until I submitted to Him and was willing to be a bachelor, albeit reluctantly, for however long as necessary that I found peace. Very shortly afterward He granted me the privilege of meeting my beloved Wifey. We met and were married within thirteen months. Looking back on the almost twenty years that have passed, I'm glad I had to wait for her. It started with submitting to Him and His will.

The point I'm trying to make is that if Our Lord has given you the desire for a wife, He has a plan. Just give it to Him. He'll provide.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am going to pray that you will be open to what God has to send your way.