1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prayer, and what is right?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by suedonny, Sep 3, 2007.

1. standingfirminChrist

The 'Judge not' in Matthew 7 is speaking of hypocritical judgment.

The 'Judge righteous judgment' in John 7:24 is speaking of judging according to what God's Word says.

The Pharisees were judging hypocritical judgment throughout the gospels.

Jesus said we can judge according to that which is right. The Word says 'Ye shall know the tree by its fruit.'

The Word says to abstain from all appearance to evil. Has the one who appeared to be doing evil judged righteously?

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Yes change the word to fit your need.:thumbs:

3. standingfirminChrist

No changing necessary, Charles.

Jesus said 'Judge righteous judgment.'

4. standingfirminChrist

Jesus would not contradict Himself, Charles.

Yes, He did say Judge not, lest ye be judged.

but He also said Judge righteous judgment.

So there has to be some judging we can do without disobeying His command in Matthew 7.

When we compare people's actions and words with what God's Word says, we are judging righteously... and God allows that kind of judging.

5. charles_creech78

So you are saying it is alright to judge that christain girl because she went into there house while the wife was not at home. That is not righteous judgement. Righteous judgement is when you FORGIVE them there traspasses. Not for condeming them for SOMETHING YOU THINK IS WRONG in your sight. She might have not known his wife was not at home. Righteous is when you do something right and to forgive her for it is right.

6. standingfirminChrist

Charles,

Judgment is not forgiveness.

You need to study more.

7. standingfirminChrist

No, what I am saying is the girl should learn from the experience and ask herself if something like this happens again, 'Is it right for me to go in this house when the man's spouse is away?' Then, she should make a wise choice and either stand on the doorstep, hand the object to the person who answers the door, refuse the welcome inside kindly, and walk away.

That would be an example of doing what is wise.

Righteous judgment means making godly decisions.

8. suedonny

suedonny New Member

okay

I understand this I messed up because my intentions werent evil, I will be on my guard more now, because there are some who can regard this as evil to get a person in trouble and I learned the hard way...She has been jumping me for weeks I thought she was home, and when I stepped in the door she wasnt there, and I left quickly, with a painful lesson..

9. suedonny

suedonny New Member

thank you

Thank you for your debate. I believe it was wrong to go there if I knew she wasnt there. I thought she was. I failed to hear their conversation about going to the beauty shop. I shouldnt have stepped in the door.
    I made a hasty exit but told him I didnt know Irene wasnt here.I truly thought she was home and was hoping to have a good visit with her I just learned a lesson but somewhat it was a trap on her part. Im pretty naive. so I learned.UGGGGHI meant no evil...

10. standingfirminChrist

I would not say you were naive, suedonny. We all make mistakes from time to time.

As I said in another post, Sister...

Go.... and Grow.

Many times in life we have to learn through mistakes. God knows your heart. Your intentions may have been good, but many look at the outward appearance and stumble because of it.

Chalk this one up for growth!

11. Joe

Joe New Member

How ridiculous :rolleyes:

12. standingfirminChrist

It is not ridiculous to follow Biblical advice. suedonny has thanked me for my posts and realized I was not chastizing her, but rather encouraging her.

She has shown a better Christian attitude here than you guys have. You should be ashamed.

13. charles_creech78

Ashamed of what. I am just telling you what the bible said. You addressed me first. For what I believe. And I addressed you back. I said nothing about you chastizing her. I was telling her that the proublem was is they should have forgiven her for that and that they should not have judge her. I did not address that first statment to you but to her and you reply back at me. And you are talking about a christain attitude if they had done this it would have been. But they condemed her and judged her. That my friend is not righteous.

14. standingfirminChrist

Charles,

In post 38, you made the remark that 'we should not judge'. You did not say the woman should not have judged.

I took it that you was coming against the advice I was giving to suedonny. If I was mistaken, please forgive me. But it did appear in your post that it was directed at those posting instead of the one who jumped all over suedonny.

15. Joe

Joe New Member

Please refrain from making accusations, no one needs to be ashamed SFIC

Edited later- I understood what you meant SFIC and know you didn't jump all over her. I thought you said someone did.

#55 Joe, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  16. standingfirminChrist

I did not jump all over her. And she saw from my posts that I did not jump all over her. I advised her and encouraged her according to God's Word.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I can only imagine how this side arguement appears to suedonny -- a new Christian -- who already has a mess in addition to her husband's surgery.

Obviously we aren't going to see eye-to-eye here.

18. suedonny

suedonny New Member

thank you all

It is okay Im learning from all. I appreciate the interest, it is the interest to help me that counts, I have learned from all..The people here treat me better than my church members..I thank you all.. The side argument I only learned from ..different views. God Bless all Im not mad at all I needed help.

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You are very gracious!

Bitsy

20. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Jealousy has no age limit!

I have to say though, how miserable this woman must be to be this jealous that weeks after the incident she is still carrying on about it. How sad! She needs our prayers.

Suedonny, I am one of those who will not be in the home of a man without someone else accompanying me (my husband, his wife, a kid or two). I have gotten worse about this as the years have passed because there is a certain marriage close to me that is highly affected by jealousy (there is some good cause for her jealousy, btw).

I also do not allow a man in the house with me when I am alone, with three exceptions: the exterminator that has serviced us for years, the heating man who has also serviced us for years and my best friend's husband who comes to help me with various things when my own husband can't. In the case of my best friend's husband, usually one of their children and one or more of my own are present. AND, they are sound Christian folk whose faithfulness we have tried well over the years. They aren't just folk from church who we assume have a successful, trusting marriage.

Point is, one can never ever know what has gone or is going on inside someone else's marriage. This woman may have legitimate fears that are grounded on past experience and you may be a convenient target. You can't fight such as that. "Jumping" on you may be the only way she knows to deal with the real (or imagined) problems in her marriage. Jumping on you, keeps her from have to deal with him. If it is your fault, then it can't be his fault. See?

If she continues to attack you in person, tell her one last time that you didn't realize she wasn't at home that day and apologize one more time before telling her sweetly that you will not be revisiting this subject again. Then stick to it. If she blasts you again, (after this last apology) in front of others, stick to being sweet and inform everyone that you have already apologized for your mistake and hate that she can't let the issue rest and then change the subject. Do your best to not take this personally. She is the one with the problem, not you.

One more thing. If this bunch of strangers on a message board treat you better than the folk in your church, it is time to find a different church. The Bible says, "by your love for one another, shall ye be known". If your fellow church members aren't loving, something isn't right in that congregation. I'll repeat what someone else has already stated, start praying for the Lord to lead you to a place where you can worship and serve Him joyfully.