1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for a local high school Bible club

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Jun 8, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It seems one of our local school districts is no longer going to allow the Bible club at the high school because of "budget cuts". The club doesn't take any funding from the school but a teacher must be present as an "advisor" (although in the Bible club, they are not allowed to give any advice that is "religious") and so they will lose the ability to have a teacher. The kids are going to the board of education next week to appeal the decision. I just received this from one of the girls from our church who attends the Bible club:

Please pray for these young people that they have a voice and words from the Spirit and that the district would reverse their decision. This WILL become a legal battle should they decide to not listen, I'm sure. We had the same battle in our own school district and even with a teacher willing to be an advisor on her own time, the district wouldn't do it so we needed a court battle - and we won. Pray that this wouldn't have to go that far.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I want to join in praying too!