1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for my Daddy

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by AntennaFarmer, Mar 15, 2018.

1. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Some time ago I asked for prayer here for my mother. She was in very near death but recovered and is doing well except for arthritis..

Now my daddy is very sick with cancer. The doctors say it is incurable. A few weeks ago you wouldn't have noticed he was sick. Now he is going down rapidly (I think) largely due to the pain and pain medications.

Are you willing to pray for him to be healed? If so please do! It is a hard thing to pray for since it is impossible for him to live except for God's intervention. He is a Christian and ready to go. Then again, perhaps the Lord will allow him to stay with his family a bit longer.

Daddy's name is Leland.

Thank you.
    A.F.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely... Leland and you all have my prayers

3. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

4. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray God's opportunities for compassion will be afforded you and his loved ones in these uncertain times. I pray your father will have the sustaining grace of the Holy Spirit.

5. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Thank you for your prayers. I am sad to report that daddy passed away. The sadness is tempered by our certainty of his salvation in Christ and that he has gone to be with The Lord. He was a fine man, a good provider and excellent father. He was a deacon, Sunday school teacher and prayer warrior. We who remain behind miss him extremely.

After 60 years of marriage to daddy my mother is living alone now. Several family members live nearby so she has some comfort in that. Your prayers for her will also be appreciated.

• Prayers Prayers x 3
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My condolences. Your father is now in heaven with Christ... no more pain. Your mother, indeed your entire family are in my prayers.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just now seeing this. I am so very sorry. And I will pray for your mother and you. I'm glad your father is with Jesus.