1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for Obama (bumper sticker)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 15, 2009.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could Fit

If it were on the back of a semi-trailer:laugh: haulin' on down I-80 :thumbs:

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I Timothy 2: 1, 2

would fit on a bumper sticker.

3. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

LOL! Too funny! This could be applied to almost EVERYONE on BB.

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Though I don't quite agree with KenH in his interpretation of the bumper sticker, I do see his point, and it's a very interesting one. We're commanded to pray for our enemies, are we not? Does that mean that we should pray for their early deaths or for them to be run out of their position? Personally I would say no, it does not mean that. I believe we are commanded to pray FOR the enemy's eyes to be opened to the Lord and for him to do what is right before the Lord.

I began praying specifically for Obama about two weeks ago. It's one of the HARDEST things I've ever forced myself to do. I pray that the Lord will give Obama WISDOM to lead our country well and to give him humility to see that he needs others to help him and to help him make good and Godly decisions in leading us.

I highly recommend everyone pray for our leader to make good decisions and to not pray for his short rule, even if we can't stand what he's doing, which I absolutely cannot for the most part.

I will admit that I did chuckle when I read the OP showing the bumper sticker. :laugh: I took it in, what I believe, was the spirit in which it was intended, to ensure that the O is a one-term CIC.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't care what KenH says I think that the bumper stichar was funny.

On a serious note I have had a feeling since the election that before Obama completes his first term the democrats in Congress would march up to the White House and ask politely for Obama to resign, or else. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part but the Republicans did it to Nixon and Obama has already done more damage to the country than Nixon did.

Bringing the 9/11 terrorist to this country for trial in a civilian court borders on treason as far as I am concerned.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I would interpret the bumper sticker in question to be referring to Obama's term as president.

I believe we should pray that God bless our president. Now, keeping him from enacting more evil legislation would be a blessing, both for our nation and for him personally.