1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for trip

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Jon-Marc, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

This Wednesday afternoon, I will be leaving Hudson, Florida to drive to Jacksonville, FL to pick someone up at at the Jacksonville International Airport. From there we will drive to California; he will do most of the driving since I can't drive at night and he can. Plus, he knows the way there and I don't, and I would get lost several times. This is a one-way trip. I need a drier climate, and I know people there--including the one who is flying to Florida to help drive me to CA.

Other than by plane (when I flew to England), this will my longest and probably last trip before the Lord calls me home.

Please pray that we will have a safe and uneventful journey with no flat tires and no car problems. I have no money for car repairs. There is a Baptist church only about 5 miles from where I will live. I will be offline for a while starting this afternoon; it's one AM Tuesday here right now--how long I don't know.

2. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

My prayers are with you on your journey....

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon-Marc, I am praying that your trip be safe, pleasant, and stress-free. I pray that your move be a happy one and that your health improve in this new climate.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Praying for you bro.

Let us know when you arrive their safe.

:thumbs:

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will be praying for you and the trip!

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I arrived at my destination last Saturday safe and reasonable sound--no car problems. Of course, I have a Chevey and didn't expect any problems. :smilewinkgrin:

My back and right shoulder have been hurting worse than usual since arriving here. However, I haven't needed my sinus pills as much as I did in Florida. I wish I could afford a massage. Please pray that the pain will be a little more tolerable--having NO pain would be really great.

There's a Christian man near me with whom I can have Christian fellowship. It cost me close to $1,000 to get here, and I spent around $500 at Walmart on food and things I had to leave behind--plus rent money and other expenses. It leaves me less than $500 for the rest of the month for any more groceries I need, gas for my car, and bills (some of which won't get paid).

I doubt I will be able to afford Internet any time soon. I'm using someone else's computer, and it is very sluggish and doesn't work very well. However, it's better than nothing. I won't be coming into the Board very often until I can afford my own Internet. This computer is very frustrating.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Glad you're safe.

Chevy man here too.

:thumbs:

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, provide a good home church,job and all of the needs for Jon-Marc.
    Maybe, he could use the public library's computer until he can get his own.
    May we all marvel at how You will meet him as he trust You!
    In the name of Jesus. AMEN:praying::1_grouphug:

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

There is someone here who MIGHT be willing to sell me his RV and only charge me $100 per month. With the $358 per month site rent, that would be a lot more affordable than where I am now. I'm paying $675 per month just for the rent alone, and that is half my retirement check. Please pray that God will melt away his reluctance that he will sell me the RV--and SOON!