1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Mountain?? Check it out... your thoughts please.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

http://www.prayermountain.ws/

Please view and also read the statment at the bottom. This is Pastor Nahum Rosario but he is also known as Apostle Rosario. He is the leader of Maranatha World Ministries who has over 300 Churches all over the world.

I used to go to a branch of the Church but stopped going because there was too much focus on man and not on God. I mean they preached the word and stuff but in every Friday service they wanted the members to confess positive confesions http://www.maranathausa.com/confesioneng.html and it was so crazy and repetative. Also... we had to sing songs about Maranatha Ministries and the songs were also like confessions and they were written by him Pastor Nahum. At least 2 songs each service were written by him...

Please check out both links and give me your thoughts. I mean the Idea of have an area where Christians can gather and just praise God is pretty cool?

I ask all of this because I just spoke to my former Pastor and he was having an issue with getting the Church's website up and running because Maranatha Ministries was asking that as a branch of their Church they at least have a website and also tithe 10% of what they receive. Well, I told him to stop pleasing man and that a website is no indicator of how God is moving in a Church. I told him that I didnt like that stuff and thats why I stopped going. He was very upset and he was acting weird.. lol.... :laugh:

2. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Wow. There are a couple of things that need to be addressed on this. First off is the need for a proof-reader! In the second line talking about the confessions, there's something about "enema Hill", which doesn't sound like much fun. No wonder your former pastor was acting weird :laugh: !!!

Just kidding around there.

Seriously, though, if this guy is claiming to be an apostle, he'd better be able to prove it with the signs of an aposlte. Heal a lame person (Acts 3:2-10), raise the dead (Acts 9:39-42), do something which cannot be denied, and that is known to all the surrounding area, including critics (Acts 4:16).

There were qualifications for apostles. None of the apostles were self appointed. They were all chosen by Christ and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:2-4).

One of the qualifications was to have been personally taught by Jesus. The other was to have seen Jesus after the resurrection, so they could bear witness of it (Acts 1:21-22).

Paul of course saw the risen Christ first, and then received His teaching, I believe during the three years he spent in Arabia and Damascus after his conversion (Gal 1:12, 17-18).

With this in mind, we need to recognize that Paul was the last of all to see the risen Christ (1 Cor 15:8). That means nobody has seen the risen Christ since Paul, just in case we're not clear.

Since no one has seen the risen Christ since Paul, then nobody since Paul has the qualifications to be an apostle, including Mr. Nahum. He is not an apostle. He is a fraud in at least that respect. I'd distance myself from him as much as possible.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Three observations. First, “No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it,” should get an award for worst out of context quotation.

Second, I have kids who have participated in this sort of outfit but it doesn't fit my psychology or theology.

Third, I think Protestants are missing something by ignoring historical spiritual activities such "holy orders" and convents and such, a place for people who don't think they fit in this world, places where (even) normal people can go for a time for peace and quiet, contemplation.