1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Request

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Guido, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I currently live in a group home, and am unable to work or make over a certain amount of money because of my mental illness. But I want to leave this group and make money by some means, whether by writing, or programming, or something like that. And I want to get married soon to the right girl. So please pray for my symptoms to go completely away, for me to get out of here soon, and for me to find an attractive, godly woman that will love me, whom I will love, and whom I can marry.

Right now I am having trouble writing well, because I still haven't developed all the skills i need, and some of the skills that I once had I have lost. For a while, I no longer was of the mind to write proper paragraphs or essays. Now, I am regaining that ability. But I am having difficulty with forming content, because my knowledge is lacking, and it is hard to provide illustrations for things. That is why, in my sermon type thing, I did not provide an example in the second paragraph. I merely stated the claim, the reason, and then restated the claim.

I have been trying to study composition and rhetoric from books but I am not really practicing that much. What I have been doing is writing and revising as I go, or writing a rough draft and then revising it, without preparing an outline first. I usually focus on prose rhythm when I revise. So I pay a lot of attention to the sound of the words, and then fail to produce a work as lyrical as I would like.

I just tried to write a piece showing that God is good, and I even wrote an outline, but as soon as I began writing the first paragraph, I realized that I could not say that much about it. The first paragraph was about His justice. I could not say much about His justice, because I could not think of many examples from the Bible or from real life, even though I read almost most of it.

Also, last night, I started getting bombarded by intrusive thoughts, but the episode was not that bad this time. Please pray that that will not happen again. I was not even able to focus on the audio Bible I was trying to listen to.

Also, having written some letter some months ago, and posted it online sometime recently, a letter in the form of an epistle, (though it can hardly be said to be a successful imitation of any good epistle, whether Biblical or not), which had nothing to do with Christ, I wonder if perhaps I had sinned through my words, (though I find nothing bad in what I wrote), because not longer after I posted and remove it, the intrusive thoughts began. For in the past, when I was in a program, I wrote some very bizarre things, and after destroying them and attempting to repent, that is when I felt that the devil began harassing me.

I wonder why Poe, having contemplated and written so many demented things, was not immediately harassed by the devil. Now my recent writing was not demented, but the writing in the past which I wrote in a program, it can be said that that was demented, for I made many strange statements in poems about girls playing mind games, which I ought not to have made.

Anyway, not to focus on such terrible things, but to focus on good things, I will refrain from reflecting on this any further.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will certainly pray!

I would also offer these few suggestions to aid your wandering mind.

Fist encouragement:

In my opinion and based only upon faulty recollection, Poe, unlike what he tried to outwardly portray himself, was also stalked (harassed) by his thought life, but “self medicated” until he died with a few pennies in his pocket, found not in his own clothes, and laying delirious in a gutter. See (The (Still) Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe | History | Smithsonian Magazine).

Do not be consumed in worry, or be distractedly troubled by the trickery of the thoughts, such can can be a cry from the heart for the need of cleansing. A need that needs direct action by you to resolve.

The Scripture teaches that a person cleanses their mind by meditating upon the Scripture.

When listening to the audio Bible, follow along in the written word. Not only will cause the mind to attend and focus longer, but also, stop frequently, glance back over what you read and heard, allowing the words to again be heard over and over in your head.

To help with the writing, copy the Scriptures, especially the stories out of the book of John. That will aid in restructuring your thinking skills, especially if you quietly retell the story verbally while copying it. Just as when you first began to read and write, you copied others for pattern and. practice. Going back to the basics is good and even done by professionals.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, don’t lean to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge (submit to) Him, (the results) He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guido -
    Are you currently a member of a local Baptist church
    Would your pastor be able to give you some advice?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good and worthy suggestion.

He might find support helps depending on the educational understanding of the problem, and resources.

5. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't attended church since I moved into the group home.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is probably part of your problem and I know where of I speak... I have a Deaf son age 41 with other problems on the top of Deafness, who is also in a group home, and loves to go to church... Been in the home for over 17 years... I think I know a little about group homes... Also being a parent of two disabled children, my son Travis also has a sister Faith, who is 43 but is not in a group home... We mainstreamed our kids and I have interacted with many disabled children and their parents, over the years... You feel uncomfortable talking here PM me and we can talk further or use this platform, doesn't matter to me... Listen to the advice you been given and use it to the best of your ability... My advise Let Go... Let God!... And amazing things will happen... Brother Glen:)

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

#6 tyndale1946, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1