1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prayer request

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by chuck2336, Nov 12, 2007.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Hello everyone! I have a prayer request.

I am a Bi-vocational Pastor in Texas. In August I had some folks ask for a meeting and in that meeting some concerns were raised. It was made clear to me that there was nothing I could do to "fix" these things. After some prayer I thought it best to leave to preserve peace. Things got ugly anyway. They changed the locks on the church, they went to other members bashing me to try to gather support for their actions. (Which thankfully did not work) and the list goes on.

This has really caused wounds for my family. Even though we are all hurting, a big concern is what seems to be happening to me. For the first time since I was a kid I have to set my alarm and make myself get out of bed and go to church. I have always got up early and looked forward to worship even when I was on vacation. Now it seems the excuses not to go will not cease.

I have also started to doubt my calling. I knew God was calling me into the ministry when I was 14, now I have times when I am not so sure I can ever step back into a pulpit.

I hate what this is doing to me and my family, and I really don't know what to do other than to ask for prayer. I know you all are busy, but I would appreciate it if you could remember us during your prayer times.

Thanks

Chuck

2. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

My prayers are with you. I know what you are going through. I had a similar situation happened to me and my family.

This is something that was hard for me, but when I talked with a friend about my situation, he said that I needed to forgive them eventhough they might not ask for forgiveness. That helped me tremendously.

Find you a good Bible believing church where you can just sit and heal. We had to do that before I started pastoring this church. To say it will be an easy road ahead, I'd be lying to you. It will not be easy, but now more than ever, read your bible, pray and seek God's face through this situation.

We are praying for you.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Church people can be ugly and their wounds can last for years, but healing also awaits. I will pray for yall.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Chuck, welcome to the ugly side of church work...and i'm so sorry to hear that you are going through it.
    Please don't let a group of unregenerate people who have their hands all over a building crush what God is doing in your life and the call He has placed upon you.
    Keep the faith, find your peace and comfort in Christ and in serving Him, and then when the door opens up get back in the saddle again.

I will be praying for you because i have been through similar situations and it has really caused my wife and i to lose faith in people and not trust nearly them nearly as much as we have in the past...but it has also strengthened our faith in God and our resolve. Like that old saying goes, "Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger." And i pray that the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

be God's
    bobbyd:praying:

5. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Chuck2336

How have you and your family been doing this week with things?

Hang in there brother.

:praying:

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chuck,
    We will be praying for you.

Just a question. You said you felt it best to leave the church. Have you left it yet?

If you haven't, leave it now! Don't let this murderous crew of church members destroy your family and your call. Shake the dust off your feet and leave. Your responsibliity as a dad and a husband require you to look after the spiritual welfare of your family. Your responsibliity as a believer require you to take responsibliity for your own spiritual welfare.

My guess is that this church has been like this through several pastors.

Will be holding you up in prayer. Keep us informed.

7. GodsRealTruth

GodsRealTruth New Member

I also was in a similiar situation

I will be praying for you my brother. But do not lose heart. God has called you into the ministry to preach his word.

I was told by my pastor when going through what you went through. When you stand on the truth of God's Word and endure even when things get bad. The next church he sends you to pastor will be better than the last.

Now I am at a loving church where the people are great to me and my family. I once thought like you, but the Lord sent me to another very loving church.

God will deal with the other church.

Trust in Jesus he will take care of you. He will open another church door for you.

God Bless you

:praying: