1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by following-Him, Mar 26, 2008.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

An update.

Rob recently had the scheduled MRI scan and it shows that the tumour has grown about 1 mm. This is within acceptable bounds following the radiotherapy he had last year. He will have another scan in October and we have been told that we might have to wait another 18 months before any change in the tumour will show up - hopefully indicating that the tumour is dying.

We need for the tumour to stop growing as it is putting pressure on the brain stem. If the tumour starts to die then hopefully it will also start to shrink, thus reducing the pressure on the brain stem.

We still won't know for a while if this treatment has worked so further surgery might still be an option.

Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings

following-Him

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, Please reduce this brain tumor of Rob.
    We pray for him, his family and friends at this trying time.
    We pray with faith in You, Lord and in Your Precious Name we pray. Amen

3. following-Him

First, thank you to all who have held Rob up in prayer. This is our up to date situation, so your continued prayers are much treasured.

Rob has not been having a very good year. He developed hydrochephalus a few months ago and had to have surgery to insert a shunt. We saw the consultants yesterday and Rob also had another MRI scan which shows that since the treatment started last year the tumour has swelled another 4-5 mm. This is putting even more pressure on his brain stem and the left (paralysed) side of his face is now completely dead making eating, drinking and talking quite difficult. He is now having to resort to drinking through a straw again, which he finds quite depressing. Rob has also been told he can't drive until he is 6 months post op, which will take him into the New Year. We go back to the hospital in 6 months to repeat the scan and see the oncology and neuro consultants but the journey is long and tiring for Rob and we are now having to consider moving to be nearer to the hospital as it is apparently one of only two hospitals in the country that can treat him.

Blessings

following-Him

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for the update on Rob. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Oh, my dear friend, I am SO sorry to hear this. I wish we lived closer so we could help you with all the heavy burdens you are bearing.

Know that you both have our prayers. Please give Rob our love (and it goes out to you too).

6. following-Him

Thank you Sue and ABC for your kind words and your prayers.
    We are blessed with such good friends here and across the pond in Canada and the US.

We just take one day at a time and we are truly blessed. We know we serve a loving and faithful Lord and that we are being looked after. HIS mercies are new every morning.

love

Sheila

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, We know that You can heal Rob's body!
    We plead with You to shrink Rob's brain tumor and to comfort his precious
    wife, Sheila!
    May the find a home which would be closer to the hospital.
    We are so thankful to know that Rob was able to get to one of these hospitals which can treat his situation.
    Lord, we appreciate Rob's wife, Sheila for keeping us posted on her husband's
    condition.
    Bless this precious couple during this time of testing. May You bring to their
    minds Your precious promises to them. We pray this request in Jesus' Name.
    Amen.

PS We pray for Sheila's brother if is not complete well. In Your Holy Name we pray.Amen.

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:
    We cover Rob and Sheila in prayer for healing,comfort and assurance that
    You are the Great Healer.