1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prayer that doesn't leave the room?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by donnA, Aug 13, 2007.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I know this has been discussed here before, but it's been a while, and honestly I don't remember much of it.
    But I heard a man yesterday say something about prayers that don't go anywhere, that don't even leave the room and God doesn't hear them.
    My opinion is that God hears al prayers from His children, I mean do you ignore your children and not want to hear them, this does not mean God gives an affirmative answer to each prayer. By saying a prayer doesn't leave the room and God didn't hear it isn't that like shrinking God down, putting Him in a box. God is everywhere at all times, then wasn't He in the room and heard a prayer from one of His children.

2. standingfirminChrist

If I regard iniquity in mine heart, the Lord will not hear me. Psalm 66:18

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I think there are two meanings of "hear". One is "Did he hear the words"? I think the answer to that is always "yes". But you can hear something and ignore it, too.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Both good replies. Remember, too, that when our children offend us, before they ask for something we make it a point for them to apologize first before we even take into consideration what they want.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Or God may 'answer' with "No!', 'Not now!' or with an alternative, as well, any of which some wanna' interpret as "That prayer never left the room!" really meaning that "God didn't answer that prayer, in the way I wanted it answered!". Jonah, here, might be "Exhibit 'A'!"

Ed

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I remember that before I was saved, my prayers didn't leave the room. Oh, I'm sure that God heard them, but until I said "the" prayer...."Lord save me"...He didn't respond.

Now, I always get an answer.

:godisgood:

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sometimes, no answer is the answer.

My question: why would someone think "My prayers never left the room" ?

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in my own personal experience, if my prayer life is on again/off again, you get this "not getting out of the room" experience as well.

It's kinda like looking dad up only when we need something, y'know what I'm sayin' ?

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think God always hears His children, He doesn't always answer like we want, sometimes He says no.
    But this guy assumed if the prayed wasn't said in a certainw ay God wouldn't hear it, and even called some prays disgusting to him and he was certain God would not listen to people praying like that (there was nothing wrong with the prayers, it was him, judgemental, and cruel, selfrighteousness). we were sick to hear him and then him repeat it, putting down some others in the room with his comments.