1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Update

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by chuck2336, Nov 20, 2007.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Hello Ya'll!

First let me say thanks for all of the prayers, the words of wisdom and encouragement. My last day as pastor was September 30, 2007.

We are doing better it seems. My kids (Jessica - 15 and Adam - 10) are adjusting better than their dad. I still have to set the alarm and make myself get up and go to church, but once I get there I am able to relax and worship and truly enjoy my time with the Lord in His house.

I was sharing with someone yesterday I feel like I am going through the stages of grief. One day I am fine, the next I catch myself thinking of all the things I would like to say to these folks now that I am not the pastor and don’t have to play nice! After I preach to myself and say that "I am not responsible for what they have done, I am responsible for how I respond to what they have done” In the end of it all my desire above all else is for Jesus to say well done.

I have moved past the feelings of shame and of being a failure (on most days) and sought out a few pastors in the area to confide in and share my heart with. This has helped me deal with things and know that I am not alone in this.

My Wife still has trust issues when it comes to people and their ulterior motives, but I think in time that to will get better.

The only thing that is still hanging around is being not sure about getting back into the pulpit. It scares me to even think of going through all of this again. But I am sure when it is time God will give me the courage I need.

Thanks again for the prayers!

Chuck Schobert

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still praying for you. It is like stages of grief.

But, are you still at the church you were pastoring?

3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

No I am no longer there. I did not want to put my kids through all of the nasty stuff. We are attending a larger church where there is a very active children and youth groups, this has seemed to help my kids adjust.

Thanks

Chuck