1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayers for friend to be saved from Kundalini

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by EndurethForever, Sep 28, 2020.

1. EndurethForever

EndurethForever New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    my friend is wrapped up in the New Apostolic Reformation. She has many strange doctrines and when the word of God is spoken, she has much to say against it.

She claims to experience the Holy Spirit, but most of her teachings are completely alien to scripture. She came in my life at a low point. And I thought God was doing something. Some good fruit came on my part, but things are getting scary as she's constantly "being under attack by demons" on a daily basis. Sometimes I'm worried she's a manipulator and might hurt me.

Anyway, I'm asking for prayers that she would come out of strange doctrines, and for God to protect me from any bad outcomes. Whether I continue on with her or part ways, all I really want is peace no matter which way we go.

Should I fast for her?

2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praying for you and your friend.

3. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is the first I have heard of the New Apostolic Reformation. I looked it up and read some about it. The biggest concern of others seems to be their understanding of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

But, how is that any different than other Churches that reject all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. They are still Christian. And I suspect most in the NAR movement are Christian also.

Understand, it is only your side we are hearing. I suspect after you have posted more messages here, you will find you disagree with quite a few here also, and see many 'strange doctrines'. In fact, there will probably be some here who think you have some strange doctrines.

I wouldn't be so quick to see demons behind a person too often. Of course it can happen, but just because there is some disagreement in Scripture doesn't necessarily mean the other has demons or is being attacked by demons.

I don't understand why you ask if you should fast. Of anything of importance to you, prayer and fasting are always valid.

Quantrill

4. EndurethForever

Faith:
    Baptist
    NAR is pentecostal/Charasmatic. Bethel Church is a NAR church. She attends a ministry school based on theirs. BSSM is a school that teaches how to prophesy, raise the dead, and perform signs and wonders. They teach miracles should be a normal part of life, and that people need miracles to believe. These people teach a false gift of tongues of praying/talking in gibberish (biblical tongues were real languages).

These false tongues are accompanied with jerking and shaking. If you look into pagan practices around the world, you will see that they too have estatic utterances, jerking, shaking, and screaming. They teach that it is a sign that you have been "baptized by the Holy Spirit".

The jerking is similar to what is experienced from kundalini yoga. Kundalini is a serpent spirit.

Here is a video of kriyas from meditation

She also believes teachings such as "getting drunk in the spirit" where she claims the presence of God makes her drunk and makes her stumble if she tries to walk, that she can "apply the blood" to "generational iniquities". She also believes that Solomon is in hell.

She is saying that she's constantly under demonic attack and always saying she needs deliverance. Her methods of deliverance is "binding demons with cords dipped in the blood of Jesus". She's experience demons whether she's doing "deliverance" or not. Everything is a demonic experience with her.

#4 EndurethForever, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, what you are saying about NAR is held by many Charisimatic Christians. I may not agree with all they believe either, but I don't believe it is all demonic.

You compare these gifts of the Spirit with a form of Yoga. Are you saying this girl is into this 'kundalini yoga'? Or are you just comparing her church to that? Are you accusing her of following this 'kundalini' when she isn't?

Here again, I can find many things that I disagree with, with other Christians. I personally hold to the gifts of the Holy Spirit, tongues included.

Is she looking for help outside of her church? Or are you just saying she needs help?

Quantrill

6. EndurethForever

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the only place in scripture where people speak in gibberish and convulse is the demon possessed, there's not much else to conclude. Speaking gibberish is nowhere and convulsing is not found among the prophets, nor the apostles, nor did Jesus do so. And these false gifts always come with works salvation.

She claims to be under demonic attacks, and claims they are inside her. All her formulations that she learned from other "deliverance ministers" which she claims work clearly are not helping her.

7. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, is she looking for help outside of her church or are you just saying she needs help?

Is she following this 'kundalini' or are you just comparing it to her actions?

Quantrill

8. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't have time at present to wait for your reply. If she is really concerned over demonic possession and influence, and can find no help in her church, I suggest the book, "War on the Saints". It is written by Mrs. Jessie Penn-Lewis who witnessed the great Welsh revival and saw much of satan's work in it also. She addresses the very subject you are describing.

The book is still available.

Quantrill