1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praying for others

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ScottEmerson, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Wrong. This is where you have listened to men because this isn't said any where in scripture.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Is that it? Your opinion? Thanks ILUVLIGHT.

What is wrong? 1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
    That God demands so therefore it is law? Where was I wrong, that there is a punishment involved in not believing?
    What? That all men that go to Him are those that labor and are heavy ladened. I wasn't.

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    This above is what I was replying to. When I said;
    Then you reply with this;
    Your question makes no sense because you must not have read what I really wrote Then you said;
    You didn't have any sin? that's nice!

May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

What a wonderful scripture. But whom is John writing to? It is not unbelievers! So God is commanding believers to believe in Him, Why? In order that they will live their lives as God's Children!

Therefore IT IS GOD's LAW for Christians and not for the general population!

If you do not believe, this law does not apply to you.

But if you do believe, and choose to live your life as a Christian, this Law is the foundation of all other Christian Laws for once you stop believing in God, you are no longer a Child of God!

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    Amen.
    You do know how to give a good answer.
    Mike [​IMG]

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes. MT 6:22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
    Oh yea? But there is a punishment coming for those that don't do as God tells them. The darkest pit with torture forever.
    Hell is real whether you believe it or not. You are responsible not only for your demise but for those you take with you.
    It is only you that has done away with sin but my Father has not. You will find that out.
    Why do we die Wes? Could it have something to do with the wages of sin?
    So much for His everlasting love then!

johnp.

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Amen.
    You do know how to give a good answer.
    Mike [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'd love to take credit for that, and truly it did come through my fingers on the keyboard, but I have to confess that the Spirit of God gave it to me. So by all means give the credit to Him.

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

johnp,
    1. I did not do a way with sin, Jesus, the Christ did!
    Since all humans die once, how is it that one who is dead can be judged? So death of the flesh is not death of the human spirit. We are spirits temporarily held captive to flesh, but when that flesh dies, our spirits set free from the flesh go to be judged. There are two judgments, 1. judgement of our deeds, 2. judgement of our faith condition, Those lacking faith receive judgment for their lack of faith by being cast into the lake of fire. Those who have faith are not so judged! John 3:18.

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Strange sentence. Death itself, of the flesh, is a judgement. It is collecting on the wages of sin.
    2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
    Same questions again Wes. Why are men, (still conscious after the death of their bodies), continuing in their punishment if Jesus paid the price for their sins and why the judgement? Judgement is based on law.
    John 5:25 I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
    We are dead in our sins and transgressions. Why so if Jesus paid the penalty for sins? :cool:
    The wages of sin is death whether you accept that or not. Obviously you do not. The spirit of man is joined by the flesh of man after a time but the flesh is not forgiven. That is for destruction.
    John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."
    How so Wes? Die in our sins after Jesus paid the penalty?
    Isaiah 26:21 See, the LORD is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her; she will conceal her slain no longer.
    Why should He do that Wes if Jesus paid the price?
    Not so Wes. Judgement Day is coming when the secrets of all men's hearts will be revealed!
    Isaiah 26:21 See, the LORD is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her; she will conceal her slain no longer.

You have not only done away with sin and teach others this you have done away with the everlasting punishment of Hell in that you believe that men cease to be after splashing down in the Lake of Fire. Now you say that, "2. judgement of our faith condition..." which I take to be language very reminiscent of the Jehovah's witnesses. Have you been close to them in the past Wes? Don't be shy because I nearly joined them before I was rescued.

johnp.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

johnp, it seems to me you only read part of my posts, why is that?

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

How do know what I read? :cool:
    Do you mean I don't respond to some of it or what?
    The last thing I want to do is upset you you know that! :cool:
    Where did I go wrong this time?

I was just about to join the Jehovah's witnesses, after a prolonged study with them, when a man knocked at my door and told me I had to be born again!
    What for I said. You cannot see the Kingdom of God unless you are born again he said.
    Ok I asked how do I get born again. He said I should pray to Jesus and ask Him to forgive my sins. I took his advise and low and behold I could see the King Himself!

Well put me straight in your reply to my post please. You know you have to say everything many times before the penny drops with me. Have patience.

johnp.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Man was not intended to live forever! It is appointed unto man once to die then the judgment!

If it is appointed unto man once to die, then the judgment, how is it that Jesus can say, believe in me and have everlasting life? Then Jesus, himself God in human flesh, dies Once just as all men must.

If dying the death of the flesh is judgement for sin, why did Jesus, the "sinless one" die?

If dying in the flesh is judgment for sin, what remains to be judged after our flesh dies?

What is the purpose of the second death? (Rev 20)
    If you do not believe in Jesus, you will not have anyone to forgive your sins, you will not confess your sins because you don't believe that you are sinning. You will die anyway because it is appointed to man once to die, then the judgement.

If you have not faith in God, you will die the second death. If you have not acknowledged and confessed your sins, then you die that second death with your sins still with you, so Jesus is right, if you do not believe in Him, you will die in your sins, but not because of your sins, only because you lack faith in God.

Not so Wes. Judgement Day is coming when the secrets of all men's hearts will be revealed!
    You have not only done away with sin and teach others this you have done away with the everlasting punishment of Hell in that you believe that men cease to be after splashing down in the Lake of Fire. Now you say that, "2. judgement of our faith condition..." which I take to be language very reminiscent of the Jehovah's witnesses. Have you been close to them in the past Wes? Don't be shy because I nearly joined them before I was rescued.</font>[/QUOTE]It is interesting to hear that you think I have the power to do away with sin, especially when John the Baptist, who knew the Christ while in the womb of his mother, says that it is Jesus who takes away the sins of the world. Well obviously Jesus failed, because sin is still in the world. So what did Jesus' atonement for sin do? It removed the penalty for sin. So we do not die the death of the flesh as a penalty for sin, because Jesus paid that penalty. Which gets us back to "it is appointed unto man once to die, then the judgement". So once our spirit is free from the flesh we then face judgment for how we received Jesus, God's gift to mankind who taketh away the penalty for sin from ALL mankind. The judgment question would be, Did we believe him and believe in Him, or did we refuse to believe him and continue in our sins up through our natural death? Our eternal life depends on the answer to that question. And Jesus tells us that those who believe in Him have everlasting life, bypassing death. But those who refused to believe, or believed and stopped believing are judged by the Father on His throne, and if our names are not found in the book of life, our lives are cast into the lake of fire, THE SECOND DEATH! It is this second death that I belief is the cessation of spirit life and that our spirit will never be seen again nor remembered.

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Look what you do to the language! ...those who believe in Him have everlasting life... And, ...or believed and stopped believing are judged by the Father on His throne, and if our names are not found in the book of life... How can you have everlasting life and lose it? Answer that!
    It's that simple.
    If you believe then you have everlasting life and you cannot lose everlasting life can you? If you can lose everlasting life it is not everlasting life is it? Well is it? It simple to understand is it not? John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

I think you should address this point it is crucial.

John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
    And everlasting life it is. :cool:

johnp.

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

How many things have you in the past believed that you believe no longer? If you can believe, then stop believing, what makes you think it cannot happen to your faith in God?

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

That's not the point is it Wes? The point is not what anyone might do it is the words themselves. The point is that you have made everlasting life not everlasting! :cool: Now explain why you have done that please. John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
    Everlasting life for those that believe. Not future but everlasting life now. You are not saying you can lose everlasting life are you. A yes or no will be enough.

It has nothing to do with anything else but the promise of Jesus.

You either admit that those who believe have everlasting life as a present possession upon their belief or you blank it. At the moment you are blanking it. But then you are bound to are you not? You do not believe in the perseverance of the saints do you. :cool: [P]As in TULIP

johnp.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Whosoever believeth, which means is believing, continues to believe and yes, will believe is the operative phrase. It is while we are believing, that we have everlasting life.

should we for whatever reason, stop believing, well poof! there goes everlasting life.

It is through faith, a continuing journey, that we have everlasting life, and not a momentary belief that something is.

So, just as you can come to belief in something, and later lose your belief in that something, you likewise can come to faith in God then lose it.

That is whey the scriptures command us to "keep the faith, baby". That is why Paul and the other tell us do not neglect the gathering together. There is strength and assurance in having a peer group, especially one with a strong shepherd. Such a group helps us to keep and even strengthen our faith.

We do the faithing, God does the saving. If we fail to keep on faithing, then what obligation does God have?

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Poof! There goes everlasting life? :cool:
    Wasn't everlasting life then was it? Yes or no please. :cool:
    What part of 'everlasting' do you have a problem with? The fact that it does not end or that it has not got a 'not' in front of it?
    "keep the faith, baby" I like that man! :cool:
    He has an obligation to me. :cool:

faithing That is a doing word and it means works! :cool: You may win this one because I'm not too sure what a transitive verb is.

johnp.

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Faith in God = everlasting life

This is an equation. If either side ceases to exist the equation is lost. The only side that man has any control over is faith in God. so if man loses faith in God, everlasting life is also lost.

Faithing is a condition not a work. So long as man keeps the faith condition God provides the everlasting life

If everlasting life is "walking with God", and we turn from walking with God an go a different direction, do we not lose everlasting life?

Look at all the warnings and encouragements in scripture to "keep the faith". Why are they there if it is not possible for one to lose faith?

Everlasting life is not a sure thing until we pass from this life, through death into everlasting life. While we are still "in the flesh" we can change our persuasion away from God. Many warnings exist in scripture that we must not lose our faith because the result is losing everlasting life.

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Well there you go, can't argue about that can I? Is it a verb? Does that not make a difference? Does this make a case or not because you do not answer the point you just repeat what you said.
    I'd like to know if this has any legs anyone. If the word is a verb does that make it a doing word and thus a work. Faith is a work.
    Which I am afraid to say brings me back to my colon problem Wes! :cool: JN 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
    You would only be saying what Jesus said. :cool:
    No. If the proposition is true. 1 Cor 5:4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
    There's one! :cool: A wayward Child but a Child of God nevertheless.
    How can you lose everlasting life man? You do not believe the word of God.
    It is simplicity itself.
    Look&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ever. at all times
    Look&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Lasting. to continue in time
    to continue in time at all times Or as we say from where I come from, "at all times to continue in time It's life Wes but not as you know it!
    For the Holy Spirit to use if He so wills.
    You do not know the scriptures nor do you believe the very scripture that tells you of the love the Father has for us. John 6:47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. It is a present possession. It everlasting. You don't believe believe me. Not me but the scripture it is simplicity itself and self explanatory. Everlastingf life is now! Today if you hear His voice do not harden your heart...
    Where about in scripture please? :cool:

johnp.