1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pre-, mid- & post-trib?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Edward63, Jul 18, 2013.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Historically what was the pre a reference to relative to a millennial kingdom?

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Not a chance.:wavey:

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    …… it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. Lu 13:33

35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killeth the prophets, and stoneth them that are sent unto her! how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Mt 23

4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And I stated that in my response, but notice that Revelation 18:20 says of the harlot the she killed the prophets AND the APOSTLES. Israel did not kill the apostles, ROME DID under Nero, Titus, and Domitian. The fact that prophets AND apostles were told to rejoice is because the harlot was responsible for killing BOTH, Israel was not.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth Rev 18:24

…… it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. Lu 13:33

...that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth...Mt 23:35

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually we do not know if they killed the apostles or not, as only one apostle, James is recorded in Scripture. We do know that they killed the prophets. We do know that Israel in the OT went through who knows how many cycles of this:

1. Things going very well
    2. Faith and dependence on God decreases
    3. As things get better, Israel goes from a decrease in dependence to practiced sin
    4. God brings judgment
    5. Israel cries out for mercy
    6. Israel repents
    7. God hears their cries for mercy and restores them
    8. Israel depends on the Lord as things improve
    9. Things are going very well.

How many times was that cycle repeated in Joshua and Judges alone, not to speak of Kings and Chronicles?

Aside from that, as Christ walked the earth, two things made Him visibly angry. One was the moneychangers trying to make a buck off the house of God. The other group were the very center of authority in the Jewish community, the Pharisees. You remember them, the ones that condemned Jesus Christ to death for no reason. Jesus did not get angry at the prostitutes or tax collectors, but the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. I will bet "brood of vipers" and "whitewashed tombs" were strong words at the time.

The adoption of Gentiles does not make their salvation a second class event. Our salvation is just as good, as in Christ, there is no difference between Jew and Greek.

They can claim they did not kill the apostles, but it sure seems odd that in several passages in Acts, the Jews of the day had Peter and John run out of towns, chased, and thrown in jail. There is no proof that they did not kill apostles directly or indirectly. After all, without the Pharisees, the Romans had no desire to crucify Jesus.

7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Two things here you are missing.

1. RIGHTEOUS blood. Now considering that you can't possibly think everyone on earth is righteous, the context shows that this particular audience has a limited application. Revelation 18 DOES NOT. Luke 13 is about the RIGHTEOUS blood, Rev 18 is about ALL BLOOD.

2. PROPHETS BLOOD. Luke 13 is SPECIFICALLY about the killing of prophets where the audience goes from ABEL TO ZECHARIAH, whereas Rev 18:24 is about prophets, saints, AND ALL THAT DWELL UPON THE EARTH. Obviously since there is a distinction made between saints, prophets, and all that dwell upon the earth, prophets can not be the same as the "ALL" that dwell upon the earth.

And as I showed from Rev 18:20, you have not shown how Israel was responsible for killing the APOSTLES. You can't show it because Scripture as well as irrefutable facts of history shows that ROME KILLED THEM.

Give it up.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm Mid-Trib....

....if I go earlier than that, I will be just as grateful! And if the Lord tarries until the end of the seven years, I will be ready, because I am expecting to experience at least three, and a half years! I do not want to surprised, except for going earlier than expected! :laugh:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And you cannot prove the Jewish hierarchy of the day did not kill the Apostles. Since they had no nation-state at the time, they had to beg Rome to do their dirty work.

The government of Rome had much more integrity than the Pharisees and Sadducees. Rome was not a religious order, nor a keeper of the Law. They were a purely secular government. The actions of Rome vs the Pharisees at the crucifixion of Christ show a huge gap in integrity. Three times Pilate said he found no fault in Him. The Pharisees on the other hand, were keepers of the Law, what was, at the time, holy, Inspired Scripture. They lied, cheated, and did everything else they could to accomplish the murder of Christ. Really, it all boils down to the fact that the Pharisees were pure evil, and Pilate had no backbone. Christ could see right through their heart, brood of vipers. Never once did He slam dunk Pilate.

So for you to sit there, and vouch for the integrity of the High Priest and his merry men at the time, is the height of the ridiculous.

#29 saturneptune, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
  10. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

In Acts 12:1-2, HEROD killed James. Herod was ROMAN. Any study of history (Foxxe's Book of Martrys) shows how the rest were killed. Peter crucified upside by Rome. Paul beheaded by Nero. etc.

And if you think Rome was purely secular you have an extremely poor view of the history of Rome. Your own user name is based off of Roman mythology from Roman gods.

In Acts 19:24, Paul is confronting the Ephesians about worshiping the "goddess", Diana. Diana was a ROMAN "goddess". Not only does Paul confront their worship of a pagan god, but Acts 19:24 shows that there was profit made in the making of relics dedicated to these gods of which profits were then taxed by Rome. Christianity was a threat to Rome's economy in more ways than one.

The Jews themselves understood that Jesus was a threat to Roman invasion and persecution because they stated:

"If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation" John 11:48

So even the Jews understood that Rome had an interest in preventing the spread of the gospel, contrary to your assumption that Rome had no desire or reason to kill Christ. And apparently you forget that one of the Herods had all of the children under 2 years old murdered because the Wise Men failed to report back to him about the location of the birth of Christ. Matthew ch 2. Thus Rome had an interest in killing Christ from the very moment He was born.

And to think that the Romans were innocent merely because the Jews requested Christ's death is ignorant. Rome crucified someone they KNEW had not violated any laws. Pilate's admission of this only serves to further condemn him, makes no difference whether he "had a backbone" or not. What were the Jews going to do, take Jerusalem back from Rome?? I just showed you from John 11:48 that the Jews were terrified of Rome so Pilate didn't base his decision on any fear that some Jew was going to ridicule him.

Not to mention that Jesus specifically expressed His desire to not hold those responsible for crucifying Him accountable (Luke 23:34). Oh I know I know "Let His blood be on us and our children". One of Hitler's favorite verses as well as those who butcher the meaning of the verse to hold the Jews exclusively accountable for the death of Christ.

[juvenile taunting snipped; poster warned to grow up]

#30 DrJamesAch, Jul 19, 2013
  11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Great response, you are exactly correct.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Whatever you say. My name, Saturneptune, is from a hobby of mine called astronomy. It has nothing to do with Roman gods. On top of that, I do not use fictitious titles in mine.

You mentioned Hitler. Hitler was no where in my post. It was in your post. Now, to the point of who was responsible for the death of Jesus Christ, in a spiritual manner (look up the word spiritual), it was God's plan of salvation, and His Son's willingness to go to the cross that we might be saved. On a physical level, you cannot make a debate out of this. Pilate was spineless and the Pharisees were more evil and manipulative than Pilate.

Stop with the woe is me about your ethnic background. One branch of my family comes from the same stock. Whoop tee do.

Frankly, I do not care what you think of my knowledge of the Bible or history. My posts come from Scripture. The only one known is James. Your references come from extra Biblical sources that may or may not be true. Some of those were written by the RCC. What does that tell you about the validity of your posts.

Do not chide me for insults. Look at the last sentence of the one you just posted. As I have said before, and stand by it, there is nothing genuine about you.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

The Jews are the ones who killed the Christ. They've been murderous from the beginning and killed prophets along the way as well.

Here Peter tells the truth about this:

'Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:' Acts 2:22-23

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel never killed Abel but his blood was required of 'that generation':

that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. Mt 23:35

#34 kyredneck, Jul 19, 2013
  15. Allan

Allan Active Member

Sorry GT, not only are you wrong but you are absolutely wrong. It isn't 'arguable' what he speaks to regarding the Mil-reign but specific.. and only those who wish to try to 're-interpret' his statements (not only here but in his other works which also speak to the Mil-reign) are the ones wresting a new meaning from the content he sets forth. The literal and physical reign of Christ, from Jerusalem, was the de facto view of the early church. This is historically documented and agreed upon :)

For me, it is strange when people say the apostles held to something else. Personally, I always wonder why 'their' disciples never taught anything else (which we would see in their disciples teaching as well), and those churches they set up all over didn't hold to any other views that can be noted historically. It wasn't until a couple hundred years later 'other' views began to be noted to stand in opposition to said view.

As for see the 7 years of tribulation.. funny how you state you don't see it BUT, acknowledge the 3 1/2 years (going back to Danial) which refers to the 7 year paradigm :) Funny how even the early church saw it there too :)
    And yes, the Historic Pre-Mil view held to a 7 year Great Tribulation.

Here is Chafer also:

If what Chafer wrote is correct, then it would appear to indicate that this was the apostles own teaching since it was so prevellent a view since the inception of the Church and disappeared as the RCC began to take form and emerge.

#35 Allan, Jul 19, 2013
  16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The OP left us "amills" out......

17. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

The 7 years are listed in Revelation as well just not many have caught on to it. If you notice, in Rev 11:3-4, the 2 witnesses preach for 3 1/2 years. They are killed by the beast in 11:7. This begins the 3rd woe described in Rev 8:13 and Revelation 12:12. The beast is then given 3 1/2 years and it is during this 3 1/2 years that the remnant of Israel (Rev 7:4-8, Romans 9:27, Matthew 24:22) and those who are proselytized to Israel (as in the OT but this time the Jews (corporate Israel) are carrying the gospel because the church will be gone-Rev 14:6) are miraculously protected by God (Rev 12:6, 14).

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is the text of part of the Mass in Rome on March 12, 2000 in which Pope John Paul II offered a Universal Confession of Sins and Request for Forgiveness

http://www.lafond.us/pagans/Papal_Apology/apology.htm

MEMORY AND RECONCILIATION: THE CHURCH AND THE FAULTS OF THE PAST
    December 1999

http://www.lafond.us/pagans/Papal_Apology/MemAndRec.htm

...in other words, the RCC has at least acknowledged and attempted to apologize and ask forgiveness for it's past sins.

Search long and hard for any such apology from the Jews.

19. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

They, the Jews, have been no more murderous than any other ethnic,racial or national group of people.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They, the Jews ('that generation'), were pronounced guilty of all the righteous blood shed on the earth by Christ Himself.

#40 kyredneck, Jul 19, 2013