1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher supports gay marriage!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Scribe, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Yes I would say you called me a liar.

#261 JerryL, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

From your link Joe.

"Can I get HIV from getting a tattoo or through body piercing?
    A risk of HIV transmission does exist if instruments contaminated with blood are either not sterilized or disinfected or are used inappropriately between clients."

Not from brand new stuff. Not all parlors are like some dirty parlors. The place I went to looked like more of a doctors office. You have to use under steralized or dirty instruments. This is your mission huh?

3. standingfirminChrist

AIDS or no AIDS, it is still defiling the temple of the Holy Spirit.

How can one justify that?

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

SFIC

I've challenged Jamie to do a careful exegises on Levitical law and body piercings/tatoos, etc---to which he has agreed

Here is my hope---that we find out that we can't have the New Testament without the Old---and that the Old is just as applicable to today(as Moses and the Hebrews were under the same grace you and I are under)

The OT and NT are like rails on the railroad track----one without the other's application---and the locomotive has nowhere to go

So why not do the same as Jamie---do us here on the BB a indepth exegises on the Scripture passages you both have listed---give us reasons that God forbad the Hebrews from tatoos and piercings and then make application to our day----I bet one of the things(among many things) you'll find is---they had just as much trouble with the spreading of diseases(Hepatitus and their other disease friends) as we do today---with Jonas Salk and his discovery of Penicillen centuries yet in the future!!!---God wanted a healthy Hebrew to posses the Promised land---not a bunch of Hebrews with one foot in the ground!!!!

So why not do us a study and post it when Jamie does???

Deal??

Bro. David
    aka Blackbird

5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

So blackbird, do you adhere to the OT food and ceremonial laws as well? If you take one point of the law you have to take it all.

6. standingfirminChrist

At the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15, the council was admonished for trying to put Gentile Believers under a yoke of bondage when the Jews of the Council wanted Gentile Believers to be circumcised and to keep the Law.

Peter said to demand the Gentile Believers keep the Law was putting them under a yoke of bondage which neither the council, nor their forefathers were able to bear.

Truthfully, that which we need to look at is New Testament commands and guidelines and those 10 commandments handed down to Moses originally.

The 613, if we kept all of them except just one, we would be guilty of breaking them all. Can any of us keep all of those 613 laws and torts?

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling someone a "liar" (or as Joe worded it, "spreading lies" which is exactlyt he same thing) is not allowed here.

And why is this thread still going and causing contention?? :tonofbricks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.