1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher/teacher resource must see video

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just stumbled upon this note from GinaB in a different section of the board and copied it here.

Usually I will not recommend videos especially those that do not have a foundation in Christ, however, along the lines of the discussion GinaB posted, there is a video I recommend to the BB members.

It is free to rent from the local libraries, and would be good for anyone in the ministry to view at least twice and perhaps even show to SS workers. Do NOT neglect to view the "making of the video" part that will show interviews and related information.

Help in understanding a perspective, that in my day was not only misunderstood but tremendous damage was done, will hopefully bring a bit more insight into ministry to parent(s) of special needs children and adults.

Some of you who have or will see the video, please come back to this thread and make comments that will be edifying and helpful in this matter. There are many nuances that we can help each other on this topic that will further the Christian outreach and safe harbor that an assembly is to be for the believer(s).

DVD title: Temple Grandin

If the local library does not have it, it can be acquired by contacting Temple Grandin website. Some of you will want to peruse the website and look through the information to gain greater understanding and information about this subject.

Please remember, though, that NOT ALL folks manifest the same way Temple Grandin does, but there are very few that are not above the average intelligence level.