1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predator Pastors

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by crazycat, Aug 21, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, I have personally

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Yes, I have know someone close to me that has

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Yes. I have counseled someone that has

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. No

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crazycat

crazycat Member

I am wondering how many people have been affected by sexually predator pastors?

My dear friend Pastor David Mallinak has written several good blog articles about the issue.
    http://sharperirony.blogspot.com/20...tor-pastor.html

We both have experienced in different ways a tragedy in our church as teenagers of such horrific events.

If you had to deal with it, how has it changed your life or how has it it affected people you have counseled? How do counsel someone that tells you about this?

This happen to me when I was 18-19 years old, that was 18 years ago and I still struggle with it. It seems like no one really understands, and they can't unless they have experienced it. Which I wouldn't want. Thankfully, I have a great support system with husband and my church, but it still isn't the same.

My grace is sufficient for thee

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for being open about your situation and pain. That must have been difficult.

I have counseled not only with the victims but also with the children of a pastor who was a predator, not with his children, but with women of all ages in the church. The Pastor was gone and I followed him.

They almost naturally experienced lack of trust for any pastor. They felt guilty even when reminded that they had done nothing wrong. They were the victims of a crime. That it weas a sexual crime makes it none the less criminal.

Much of my time with them was spent in listening and reminding them that they were not to blame for what was done to them.

I saw these people first and spent a few sessions with them and then handed them off to counselors who were professional. So let me ask this, have you gotten some counseling or are you dealing with this by yourself? I am glad that you have a supportive husband and church, but sometimes it is support that you need, it's help to go from being a victim to being a survivor to being the overcomer Christ wants you to be. Praying for you.

3. crazycat

crazycat Member

Thank You,
    I have had counseling from some godly ladies, and they are always there for me.:1_grouphug:

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Close friends and counselees have been touched by it. That's all I should say at this point.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

A dear lady friend of mine has experienced this, and even as she aged, the pastor was never found out. To this day, I am not sure why she didn't divulge, even though she spoke out against abuse.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

bump.......................................................