1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestinated = OSAS

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Mar 7, 2006.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry Claudia, I mixed you up with brother Bob. It wasn't you I asked, but since you are here in the "predestiantion=OSAS" thread what do you think about those passages? Here they are...I added the "us" in brackets...

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow[us], he also did predestinate[us] to be conformed to the image of his Son , that he might be the firstborn among many brethren[us].
    Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate[us], them[us] he also called: and whom he called[us], them[us] he also justified: and whom he justified[us], them[us] he also glorified .
    Rom 8:31 What shall we[us] then say to these things? If God be for us , who can be against us ?

Claudia, is the above passage speaking to you? Yes or No? If "no" why not? If "yes" then you will never lose your salvation!

1Cr 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end , that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1Cr 1:9 God is faithful , by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord .

Is this speaking to you sister? Yes or No?

God Bless!

2. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

Sin will not be laid out before you. That has already been done when you were convicted of sin by the Holy Ghost. Sins past, present and future were taken away, they were paid in full with the blood of Jesus at the cross. The judgment seat of Christ is for judgment of deeds while done in the body for the believer only. The Great White Throne judgment is for the non-believers.

What does this scripture mean...

Hbr 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Hbr 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more .

You are in the New Covenant are you not elo? "Not remembering", is that like amnesia?

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]God does not have amnesia - He does not hold us accountable by the blood of Jesus, but they are not forgotten. If they were, He would not be reminding us of past sins that have to be dealt with. Forgiven, but not dealt with.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then why do you say God is going to lay out our sins at the judgment seat of Christ? Either He is going to hold us accountable for sins or He is not. You are agruing both positions!

God Bless!

4. eloidalmanutha

Then why do you say God is going to lay out our sins at the judgment seat of Christ? Either He is going to hold us accountable for sins or He is not. You are agruing both positions!

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]we will be judged for our sins and our works - we will be held accountable for all of them at judgment. The difference is that because we have been bought by the blood of Jesus they are paid for, taken care of forever and we will not be punished for them aka the wrath of God. we get to see what the sin cost us, how it affected our lives for evil, but God, in His mercy and grace covers them all in Jesus blood.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is this found in scripture some place or is just an opinion of man? Please direct me to some scripture on this word of thought. Thank you!

God Bless!

6. eloidalmanutha

Is this found in scripture some place or is just an opinion of man? Please direct me to some scripture on this word of thought. Thank you!

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

judge - G2919 - krino
    1) to separate, put asunder, to pick out, select, choose
    2) to approve, esteem, to prefer
    3) to be of opinion, deem, think, to be of opinion
    4) to determine, resolve, decree
    5) to judge
    a) to pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong
    1) to be judged, i.e. summoned to trial that one's case may be examined and judgment passed upon it
    1)
    b) to pronounce judgment, to subject to censure
    1) of those who act the part of judges or arbiters in matters of common life, or pass judgment on the deeds and words of others
    6) to rule, govern
    a) to preside over with the power of giving judicial decisions, because it was the prerogative of kings and rulers to pass judgment

Jhn 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

judgment G2920 - krisis
    1) a separating, sundering, separation
    a) a trial, contest
    2) selection
    3) judgment
    a) opinion or decision given concerning anything
    1) esp. concerning justice and injustice, right or wrong
    b) sentence of condemnation, damnatory judgment, condemnation and punishment
    4) the college of judges (a tribunal of seven men in the several cities of Palestine; as distinguished from the Sanhedrin, which had its seat at Jerusalem)
    5) right, justice

[ March 22, 2006, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: eloidalmanutha ]

7. eloidalmanutha

a couple more scripts:

1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:

Hbr 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Elo, the scriptures you list say nothing about "sins"... and nothing about... "we get to see what the sin cost us, how it affected our lives for evil".

Do you have any scriptures to support your beliefs?

God Bless!

9. eloidalmanutha

judgment includes all of the above. have you not ever been to a court of law where everything you have done wrong is exposed? and the witnesses are there to testify to what you did to them? In Jesus' case, He already knows and who knows if witnesses will be called against us or not? All I know is that in that judgment process, at the end of it, I will be declared "free to go" because I have been bought with a price - the precious blood of Jesus.

read the bolded parts in my post above, perhaps that will help ;)

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is all very nice. Do you have any scripture declaring..."we will be judged for our sins and our works - we will be held accountable for all of them at judgment.....we get to see what the sin cost us, how it affected our lives for evil..."?

God Bless!

11. eloidalmanutha

This is all very nice. Do you have any scripture declaring..."we will be judged for our sins and our works - we will be held accountable for all of them at judgment.....we get to see what the sin cost us, how it affected our lives for evil..."?

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]ok, I understand now. I will just go away quietly . . .

shalom

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting that the Bible is so clear on this and yet some do not see it.

But some will say "yes but he did not add to that --- 'with cherries on top' - so it does not apply to me!!".

Then we have

But some will ignore this saying "ahh yes but it did not say -- 'and with cherries on top' so we can ignore this text too".

Then we have --

Ahh but some will say "that text also does not say 'and with cherries on top' so we can turn a blind eye to any part of it that displeases us as well".

All this we have seen before.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is another text missing the key phrase "with cherries on top" that many are ignoring as well -

14. eloidalmanutha

messed up :rolleyes:

[ March 24, 2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: eloidalmanutha ]

15. eloidalmanutha

Interesting that the Bible is so clear on this and yet some do not see it.

But some will say "yes but he did not add to that --- 'with cherries on top' - so it does not apply to me!!".

Then we have

But some will ignore this saying "ahh yes but it did not say -- 'and with cherries on top' so we can ignore this text too".

Then we have --

Ahh but some will say "that text also does not say 'and with cherries on top' so we can turn a blind eye to any part of it that displeases us as well".

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]thank you, Bob - it is quite clear that every facet of life will be examined, in depth, by the Lord. If our good deeds will affect people so that they will praise God, then our bad deeds will also affect people and we will see the effects of it. This is judgment.

I wonder sometimes, that christianity focuses on the goodness and love of God, when there is the severity of God in equal measure. Many times Paul says to fear God, to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Prov says the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Without the severity of God there is no grace, no mercy, no compassion, no love, and no judgment.

stevers,
    I am at the end of discussing OSAS. We are just posting over each other. I have just a couple of thoughts, and then I will be on my way.

The severity of God will not allow all of those that are "saved" to enter the Kingdom of God. The road of salvation rests on a deeper issue than just getting "reborn". It rests on the will of man and on this we will be judged. For those who overcome, run the race, strive for holiness and purity and righteousness, contend for the faith, and worship in spirit and truth are those who will enter His Kingdom.

The OSAS issue banks on the watering down of the Gospel by assuming that God will not judge us as much when we walk out our lives, as well as in the end. If salvation were guaranteed to all who are saved, then there would be reason to suffer, to be corrected, to be instructed, to be disciplined. Without these, we are bastards, and not the sons of God.

Jesus told us the parable of the 10 virgins. They all received oil in their lamps - the oil is the Holy Spirit [there are many examples of this concept in the Scriptures]. They were ALL waiting for their Bridegroom to come back for them. But 5 of them were lethargic and did not go out and seek to ever be being filled with the Holy Spirit [per Paul]. They sat back doing nothing and allowing their lamps to become dry and useless. The other 5 searched diligently to remain full of the Holy Spirt, in an expectant state for their bridegroom. As the story goes, it was too late for the 5 who had no oil left.

The Scriptures in which we rest in the security for our salvation are for those who are seeking, contending, striving, loving God, worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth. If the others chose to live this way, they too could be assured of salvation. But if they turn their hearts from God, ignoring the Holy Spirit - their consciences being seared and hardened - there will come a time when God will no longer contend with them. That is the harsh reality of the severity and judgment of God.

The Kingdom of Heaven is not full of wanna be Christians floating in by the skin of their teeth, but those who continue to be filled by the power of the Holy Spirit that is alive and living to the depths of their souls.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 2:26 And He that overcometh , and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh , the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Thanx for the dialogue . . .

shalom

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for your summary. This is why I passionately defend the faith and the OSAS doctrine of the faith. I know I will not persuade Christians such as yourself. You help me to preach the truth by engaging in deliberation to those who just watch and listen. By the hardening of your heart towards the Grace of God you only serve to progress the truth of OSAS. Your summary speaks volumes about those who cannot understand " salvation, not of yourselves ".

The highlights of your summary are revealing...

" The severity of God will not allow all of those that are "saved" to enter the Kingdom of God ."

"Saved" are not "saved". You show no understanding of the biblical term of "saved".

" The road of salvation rests on a deeper issue than just getting "reborn" ."

Birthright is the ONLY way anyone is saved. There is no other way given among men.

" It rests on the will of man and on this we will be judged ."

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves : it is the gift of God:"

" For those who overcome, run the race, strive for holiness and purity and righteousness, contend for the faith, and worship in spirit and truth are those who will enter His Kingdom ."

All of God's children will overcome to the glory of God and not the glory of man's will. Those who run a good race will enter in with abundance...2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

" The OSAS issue banks on the watering down of the Gospel by assuming that God will not judge us as much when we walk out our lives, as well as in the end ."

You have not understood Salvation verses Sanctification.

" If salvation were guaranteed to all who are saved "

Again with the oxymoranism. Saved are not saved?

"...to suffer, to be corrected, to be instructed, to be disciplined. Without these, we are bastards, and not the sons of God ."

Amen! Sanctification of the Saved.

Thanks again for the debate brother! I trust God it has helped thousands learn of His amazing Grace! [​IMG]

Until our paths meet again... [​IMG]

God Bless!

[ March 26, 2006, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: steaver ]

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Bob! Before we go off on any rabbit trails let's deal with the thread's topic. i asked you a question or two about Predestination awhile back, care to give answer?

Hey, where did Claudia disappear to? I asked her some questions as well.

At least Elo was polite enough to give answer even though it presented contradiction in his position about losing salvation. He basically said that it was true for him but not for all Christians. That's kinda "highminded" wouldn't you say?

God Bless!

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just bumping this to the top. I still haven't heard from Bob or Claudia about predestinated. Are these verses for you guys or not?

And anybody else who thinks you can lose your salvation can also answer as well.

God Bless!

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:Bob quotes Romans 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rom 2

5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
    6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
    8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
    9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
    10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

11 For there is no partiality with God.
    12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law
    , and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
    13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Christ,

Bob

Funny but while you do not get the point - Elo seems to get that point ...

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I went back 4 pages and did not find the post - you will have to point it out.

In Christ,

Bob