1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestination

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by jne1611, Jul 26, 2004.

1. jne1611

jne1611 Member

I would like to raise the issue of predestination. I know it is contraversial, but it cannot be denied that it is a Biblical doctrine, so just if some of you will, please put in some Biblical input on the subject. Kinda open it up for discussion.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the bold letters wasn't meant to be for yelling. The link colors either here on the board or on my computer doesn't have much difference with the black font colors so it's just to say you have a hyperlink right there.

4. servant-96

servant-96 New Member

Predestination is Biblical but it is also distorted in Calvanism doctrine. Calvanism will go to Eph. ch. 1 to prove their point that God predestined people to heaven and hell. Of course, they have other Scriptures to try to prove their point, but they are wrong. Predestination does not have anything to do with salvation. Predestination is conforming you after your saved, to the image of Christ. Election deals with salvation, and just because God "forknows" who does and who does not receive His Son by faith, does not mean He causes that to happen. It is the will of God that none perish and all come to repentance.

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I know how the movie "Gone With The Wind" ends. Does that mean I had something to do with the decisions that caused the ending to be the way it was? I agree with servant-99's post.

6. 14Him

14Him New Member

I believe in predestination in a simple way. I accept it, and don't try to understand it. I once brought this up, only to get a barrage of negative comments, in a discussion. I had never heard of Calvinism at the time, and just believe what the Word says without questioning why. I also don't believe that this is a topic that I will discuss with immature believers. God is God, and His ways are not our ways. I don't understand predestination, but I humbly accept it. For a long time, I just thought everyone believed in it. There are numerous scriptures that say the same thing. Not something that I will argue.

7. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I know what you mean. When I came to the board about a year and 8 months ago I encountered a lot of terminology that I was only vaguely familiar with. I knew the concepts alright but not the particular definitions.

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

The author of "Gone with the Wind" had something to do with the ending. Who is the author of your salvation?

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just be certain to separate "predestination" from "election".

Election is God's choice OF individuals to be recipients of His divine grace in salvation

Predestination is God's work IN those individuals and IN all of His creation to bring about His purposes

God is in control, both in election of who will receive repentance/faith to be saved AND in predestination of all things to His glory.