1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Predestination

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ryarn, Mar 11, 2013.

1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

That sums it up quite succinctly. :thumbsup:

3. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

We who are Spirit filled should live by every word that comes from the mouth of God and quit leaning on our own understanding.

God prepared us for Christ throughout the old testament

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[Or will direct your paths]Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.

It is easier to tear down the words of man,but the word of God that we are reborn into a new creation by will endure forever. The new creation in Christ that was chosen before the foundation of the world

#23 psalms109:31, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are trying to ask about Sola Gratia--by grace alone IE the sinner contributes nothing to his or her own salvation---it is God's work from beginning to end; then we have a group of people on here (myself included) that follow that Sovereign Grace theology.

If you were to study Martin Luther, he would tell you (as he did Philip Melanchthon), that if man contributes any essential part towards his salvation, he effectively becomes his own savior. (something to really contemplate)

And this would be Synergism. Now if we believe the doctrine of By Grace Alone, then your viewpoint is Monergistic & thats as clear a line of demarcation as I know & can communicate.

5. psalms109:31

Faith without deeds is dead,faith without love is worthless. If my mother lived like that I will not give her any encouragement to continue in that state. We are told by God to encourage one another not turn away from God we are to encourage one another to believe.

Hebrew 3
    Warning Against Unbelief

7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    8 do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the wilderness,
    9 where your ancestors tested and tried me,
    though for forty years they saw what I did.
    10 That is why I was angry with that generation;
    I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.’
    11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”
    12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end

Many work against the Holy Spirit and can't see it because of them being blind for their loved ones who turned away from God and let the devil steal the seed or trials and tribulation have choked it out.

#25 psalms109:31, Mar 12, 2013
  6. ryarn

ryarn Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks to all and thanks EARTH WIND and FIRE i'm in the same group you are.:thumbsup:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cool....with this group though, you might want to gird your loins!:laugh:

8. ryarn

ryarn Member
    Site Supporter

Well the fight is already done and i'm following orders to put on my full armor and stand my ground.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::wavey::thumbs::thumbsup:

10. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

What fight??

11. ryarn

ryarn Member
    Site Supporter

Your right Actually there is no fight because the works already done.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  13. psalms109:31

Hebrews 4

4 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”
    And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts.”
    8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God. I hope the scripture isn't to long,we must enter His rest not your rest but His rest.

Romans 6
    New International Version (NIV)
    Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

#33 psalms109:31, Mar 12, 2013
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....all good messages on this site....

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

17. psalms109:31

The biggest problem is people believing what they do causes faith but that is a false belief and is what Scripture speaks against but faith and works does not contradict one another they go together hand and hand.

Scripture teaches faith comes from the word of Jesus and the words about Jesus and it causes action. If it doesn't you have a dead faith.

There Is a big difference between Work And resting in Christ And him working through us

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

#37 psalms109:31, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
  18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Faith is just an instrumentality.

Grace and works are contrasted.....not faith and works

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Anything a person...DOES.....is a work.
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

19. psalms109:31

If we are not born again by His word to become the new creation we do not have the grace,the faith or anything from God from the new life we must become by His word. It is the work of God that we believe,turn to Him through Jesus Christ and you will become fisher of men. We are to listen and learn from Him. He teaches us to believe.

It is hard for men to go to someone as a clean slate a child they already want to know it all before they come, they want to already to be born again and know it all.

20. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Good Afternoon Icon :