1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preferred shift

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 15, 2008.

?
  1. Day shift (8-5)

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Evening shift (3-11)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Night shift (11-7)

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. rotational shift

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. glenn316

glenn316 New Member

I did work 6am-2pm for a short while. I hated getting up at 4:30 (O'dark30) .

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I think you have material there for a book. You know, like 'See Here Pvt Hargrove' or 'No Time for Sergeants'.

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

The night shift is good for avoiding traffic and it's quieter at work. But it's HECK on any social life.

4. jakers

jakers New Member

I work nights and have for 4 years now. I've resisted any efforts to put me on day shift. Around here, nights are so much more relaxed. I don't have to deal with the brass, I can drive around without getting mixed up with traffic snarls, and the calls I go to are usually much more serious (and more fun!) than the day shift.

My schedule is a little weird, though. I work 3 nights of 6p-6a and 1 night of 6p-2a. Then a 3-day weekend.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I liked it when I worked 3 hours on Sunday, 2 hours on Wednesday night and had the rest of the week to myself. I only worked 96 days a year and was done by noon on my long day. That left me time to work on my golf game, fish, sleep late and flat out do nothing the rest of the time. The hardest part of the day was trying to avoid Mrs. Nagsalot who was trying hard to catch me at it.

Now I'm bi-vocational and have to go to a real job. What a pain that is! It's starting to interfere with my golf, fishing and sleeping late. The best thing is Mrs. Whinesmuch (cousins to the Nagalots) sees me leaving for the real job so she knows I'm doing something.

I work 8-5 Monday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday 12 - 9 at the paying job.