1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pregnant Canadian Mom with her kids, Arrested, guess why

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wingman68, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that’s another story in which I completely agree.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man. Am I really on your block list? People really cannot handle a counterpoint without getting their feelings hurt. You are in the majority on this board. Geez, you need 100% concurrence with what you post to be happy?

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whenever someone assigns motives to those who disagree with them, especially when these motives are clearly contrary to what the opposition has stated, you have moved away from intellectually honest debate and into the world of political propaganda.

Quite frankly, it hurts your credibility.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not assigning a motive. That is just my opinion.

I should have said the unvaccinated are holding the world hostage. I doubt that is their motive. Thanks for the correction.

I'm sure some have legitimate health concerns, others believe conspiracies, some do not take any medical treatment due to religious objections.

It is the same with the measles debate.

But the bottom line is we have an effective vaccine, and one that is statistically safe. We are past the wondering if it will work stage.

It is simply time to move on. It is apparent there will always be conspiracy theorists and "flat earthers" (evidenced by the fact we have actual flat earthers). We should not force vaccinations but at the same time we need to get on with life.

Requiring vaccinations for large venues, indoor malls, air travel, etc. is logical. It allows the nation to move forward without mandating vaccines on the general population.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can agree with all of that, except large outdoor venues. College football has been filling stadiums, no masks, with no significant outbreaks.

Not only should we not force people to get the vaccine, we shouldn’t threaten, malign, coerce or punish those that don’t want the vaccine.

Every debate should distinguish the unvaxed between those who never had the virus and those recovered from the virus.

Those who have recovered, imo, should be considered in the vaccinated group and not be subject to passports or masks.

peace to you

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I could see outdoor events.

I am not sure about covid survivers. Studies have shown they are less protected, but that isn't the issue. Studies have shown vaccinated people are less likely to spread covid. I would think having covid would help as well, but I don't know. Have you read any Studies on the issue?

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple. Studies out of Israel suggests the recovered from covid folks have 27 times the immunity of the vaxed. Additionally, the recovered seem to have natural antibodies that stay in the system far longer than what is produced by the vaccine. That makes sense. We are vaxed once for measles and other viruses. This vaccine is requiring boasters just months after a two shot regiment. For some reason, it doesn’t appear to offer long term protection, at least for some people.

I saw a report that people who recovered from the deadly flu of 1917-1918 still had antibodies well into their 90’s.

The one study I saw concerning unvaxed recovered folks being “less protected”, wasn’t really that they were less protected. The study showed unvaxed recovered had a slightly higher rate of hospitalization, serious complications than vaxed never exposed.

Both groups had very low serious complications and could probably be attributed to pre-existing conditions in both cases.

Like you said, no vaccine is 100% and recovered folks don’t have 100% immunity either.

Which is why I chose the vac even though I’m recovered. A slightly better chance is worth it for me and my situation.

Peace to you

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen a study indicating covid survivors have longer lasting antibodies (if the infection was severe enough) but decreased t-cells (while the vaccine resulted in increased t-cells).

I would think this would put the covid survivors at risk but would also prevent them from readily spreading covid.

I am not sure, though, about what is measured when they say more severe cases have increased antibodies (I don't know how this can be determined on an individual basis). We also know that people have had covid multiple times.

This is why I would prefer a vaccine passport for vaccines (and boosters) only. These can be, at least to an extent, measured.

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    My understanding of infections like this (I’m no expert) is that t-cells multiply to fight infection. Once infection is removed, t-cells naturally decrease, but the body knows how to fight the virus and t-cells will multiply rapidly if exposed again.

peace to you

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was wondering about initial resistance. The study I posted...er....somewhere (the Israeli study) looked at natural immunity vs vaccine. They found with infection the antibodies varied with the severity of infection and age of survivor. But after 8 months natural infection had more antibodies (although with both vacvinated and surviving covid patents the antibodies decreased over time).

The concern was that covid infection, while increasing antibodies, was detrimental to t-cells. On the other hand the vaccine provided less antibodies but greatly increased t-cells.

Their conclusion was this increase in t-cells explained why some vaccinated people with minimal antibodies faired better than covid survivers who still had increased antibodies.

I know the studies demonstrate covid survivers still should be vaccinated for their health....but I do not know about preventing spread (I don't know if a previous infection has the same benefit as the vaccine as far as guarding against actual infection).

I don't worry about it either way. I'm vaccinated and will get the booster when available (I had the Moderna vaccine, which studies show maintains effectiveness longer....I take it because it has 3x's the mRNA vaccine than Pfizer...so I don't know when boosters will be here).

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This issue (in the OP) could have been easily avoided.

We require proof of immunizations for school. I had to get shot records for my son to go to college. He had to get a few shots.

The business should have simply posted that it requires proof of vaccination. Tge woman would have known prior to entry.

This is where vaccine passports come in handy. We've had them for a decade (not with covud but as a part of several travel apps).

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still have the Shot Record that the US Army gave me when I first joined

13. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know about Canada. Here in the USA, I was sworn to Uphold The Constitution of The United States and The Constitution of Georgia.
    I don't think mask and Vax enforcement is a Constitutionally legal action. Most Sheriff's agree with my view on that because they won't enforce either. Many have said they will not enforce a criminal trespass complaint due to a mask or a vax. They are perfectly in their legal rights to do that because our laws only require peace officer to make an arrest for felonies committed in presence and acts of family violence.

Y'all are way too willing to sacrifice liberty for perceived safety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A business owner should have the right to determine rules for entry into his establisment. If a prospective does not play by the rules - then they are trespassing and subject to arrest.

15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, I should be able to say a Muslim can't come into my business?

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many businesses have you gone into that require you to show your school shot records? Your military shot records?

peace to you

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not relevant. This is the first pandemic I have had the fortune to attend.

I am saying requiring proof of vaccine to attend large venues is more like requiring shot records for school than it is Nazi Germany looking for Jews. @Reformed use of Nazi Germany is invalid.

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I’ve never made the comparison to Nazi’s.

The debate is taking a turn into the absurd.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nazi Germany and Communist U S.S.R. are all valid comparisons.bGermany is especially valid because aHitker came to power in a manner that mirrored what we are seeing here.

Let me ask you this. Large venues and public Gatherings. Is it OK with you to require John Macarthurs congregation to get vaxed to attend Church? They are a large gathering. Very large.
    You any less likely to catch Covid at Joel Osteen Church than you are at a concert?
    What number is large?
    What number is small?
    Covid any more or less contagious at private gatherings than public?

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO - that is correct
    Now, as a businessman - I only discriminate on the color of green!
    as long as you have green cash - you are welcomed.