1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preparation for Easter

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Rlee, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would anyone care to share how they prepare for Easter? Whether it be your own personal plan or what your church may do? As for me, I try to start a couple of weeks prior and spend a few minutes each day thinking of each aspect of the event, from Palm Sunday or at least the last supper through to Sunday, and I try to contemplate on something different each day. Inserting myself as a witness in the story makes it more real and has an incredible impact that goes beyond just a movie or play. It can be life changing. I can take this time and not only imagine what happened, but imagine how each one who was present must have felt. The questions that follow are always answered by the Holy Spirit in Scripture. Who am I really? Was it necessary? Am I really worth that? How have I honored or dishonored this? Am I living like I'm grateful? I cannot wait to be able to wrap my arms around Him and worship Him while I weep at His feet. Unworthy am I of Him, but so much more than worthy of my praise is He.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pastor a small church in town and several ministers and laymen and I have gathered together each morning this week at 7a.m. and prayed for the Glory of God to be revealed in the Person and Work of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord through the Power of the Holy Spirit of God--To us, to the churches we minister to, to our families, to the communities we live in... We are praying for a stirring and fresh filling of the Holy Spirit in the people of God and we are praying for conviction for the sinners for their need of the Savior. To God be the Glory through Jesus Christ the Lord! Pray with us at 7a.m. if yall would like!

Good thread!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be happy to help you pray for that sir. No greater need for those still slaves to sin.

• Like Like x 1