1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Present SBC position on Doctrine of Reformation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

That's true, and I've seen plenty of examples of that since I've been here.

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps the most wise statement posted on the thread so far.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For you to make such a statement is a surprise. Since you push it as much as any Calvinist at BB.com
    MB

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    MB,

What I see here is the truth is mis-represented most times.I and others are by God's grace faithfully seeking to peel the false ideas out of the way,so that those whom God has designed will come to see the truth.
    I do not "push" any teaching as such.I do confidently declare it with some boldness, and this results with charges of arrogance, usually followed by sad personal attacks.[some who attack do so without scripture,saying I am a parrot, or follow men rather than scripture, or I should not be on BB.:laugh:]
    Mostly they say that when they have no scriptural response.

MB,...if I try to use carnal logic, or wisdom of men who were not believers....clever speech or reasonings,what good would that be? Someone who speaks ,or writes better than I do and can offer some clever story to sway a persons mind...evidentionally.
    No God would have us use scripture as the means of sanctification...jn 17:17.

Any link I quote, any Cathechism I cut and paste from were written by godly men who were all about scripture first. Some here have very ignorantly spoken against these men, these teachings, and the verses opened up. They lose out, not me or others who are not opposed to studying,and reading to learn more about Jesus, and what he would have us to do.

Thankfully some here do serve the Lord and have a burden of souls despite their pathetically lame theology.I say it that way because with the over abundance of material available there is no excuse for posting in ignorance.
    What do I mean by that ,especially when I say that truth must be revealed by God, and not pushed on someone?
    Except for brand new believers, [saved a year or less] or mentally challenged persons....all of us should have a broad overview of the main teachings of scripture, and in time how do we believe what we believe today....different from cults and churches that preach a work salvation.

It is okay to question beliefs, but before someone goes on the attack, they should know something about who believes what and why.

MB.....I do not think you can accurately portray the doctrine you are trying to oppose.if you can accurately portray it,and for some reason want to speak against it, that is one thing.
    Earlier i said to you that from what you were posting it is obvious you have not understood the position many of us see as the truth.You subsequent posts have showed that to be true at the present time.I would encourage you to seek the Lord in His word on this, or temper your criticism.

MB.....have you taken the time to thank Archangel for his helpful correction he offered to you yesterday?:thumbsup::wavey:

#44 Iconoclast, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013