1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by TeenforChrist, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade New Member

I forgot to say. Give me a lie from President Bush. If you can even find one then I'll give you 5 of Kerry's.

2. Sularis

Sularis Member

WMD's

Iraq - involved with Osama - or 9/11 (not that you guys shouldnt have bombed him - woulda done it long time ago - but say the right reasons)

the meeting of intelligence agents in Hungary

Bin Laden's flown out of country - during no fly zone - without being questioned

US is for democracy
    not in CHile
    not in Iran
    not in Venzuela
    not in Haiti
    not in Guatemala
    not in Jamaica
    not in Guyana
    not in Dominican Republic
    not in Nicuaragua

I could go on - but simply put to say someones opinion is crap because of their political views is the grandest form of self indulgent stupidity

I think Calvinism is foolish - but that there are truths to be had there - Arminianism is almost worse - but yet truths to be had there - you hide from the truth claiming he's an idiot - or he's a liberal! Perhaps there's a reason WHY!

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Wow, Ive been missing out in this thread. Matt, your the man. your first post about F 9/11, pretty much right on the money IMO. Sularis, I agree with you that we should have just bombed him, and said exactly why we did it. BUT, I supported Bushes reasons and I still do.

Despite the fact we found no WMD's, I still find it imperative that we take out our enemies before the get us. i.e. 9/11. ( which is coming in a few days, in case you have forgotten.)

The truth is that nearly every radical Islamist wants us dead. If you post on this board, as a Christian They want you dead. they want everyone you associate with dead. Even you Sularis they would not hesatate to kill you for even a second; just because of your nationality. Simple fact that is true. the scary part is...they have the means to do this.

Now I would much prefer a President (Bush) who is going to take the innitiative to stop these people; before they come in and try to kill MY family and MY countrymen.

Lord help us if Gore had been elected. I guarentee you not a single soldier would have left this country. He would leave it up to the United Nations to defend us. We the United States of America being told what to do what to do by a "UN". It's coming to this fast. We are not as sovereign (look this word up) as we pretend to be. However, Bush Ignores this, and I respect him for that. This nation was not created by following the rules, but it will die by following the rules.

So this 9/11 watch watch all the senators bust out their flags and act patriotic, while its the popular thing to do. Listen to the speeches from the people pretending to care. But one man, I know, will be defending this country to the best of his ability (always).

I hate to talk bad about kerry, I really do [​IMG] . But I just can't find myself supporting a man who wants to cut CIA funding by 80%, the FBI by 60%, the NSA by 80%, and disband every national security teams set up by Bush.

OK Im stopping this Semi quote un quote filibuster. and im going to start my new Debate thread here in the youth forum.

4. Comrade

Comrade New Member

The US is not for democracy. The US is not a democracy. Reagan supported the people in Latin America trying to get freedom. Bush NEVER made the claim that Iraq was involved in 9/11. The Bin Ladens disowned Osama after they knew he was a Islamic militant. And that isn't a lie that is just something that happened. Iraq and Osama were involved just look at this site (which is a News publication) http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/378fmxyz.asp

I never said your opinion was crap Sularis. I never saw that Bush said anything about intelligence meetings in Hungary. By the way we found WMD's several artillary shells filled with gas that could kill hundreds of thousands of people. Saddam violated the order that he couldn't have missiles that went beyond his borders. If you're looking for stockpiles of them you won't find them but we know they were there and we know that Saddam was killing his own people to test them (just look for the Mass graves in Iraq).

5. Sularis

Sularis Member

No people said Michael Moore's opinion was crap - even a man far gone as that - has a right to his opinion - and his opinion should be respected enough to be dealt with fairly

The US is not a democracy? Wow all those years of elementary and high school learning about your system of "representative" democracy instead of the Athenian principle of "direct" democracy

darn those high school teachers!!!!

Wow - I can post links that are more recent and more well known that says your links are wrong

ie Washington Post
    and the 9/11 Comissions report

Dont give me bull about links between Iraq and AL Qaeda that simply dont exist

Look at the mass graves in N. Korea - look at the mass graves all over the world that the US is doing nothing about! Not that its your job - but the instant you claim high moral reasons - you are impelled to deal with all areas not just oil based ones

6. Comrade

Comrade New Member

The 9/11 commission reported that Iraq wasn't involved with 9/11 and they were right. I'm giving you truth about Iraq and al-quaeda being linked didn't you read the article that I gave you. I'm not giving you bull I'm giving you fact. Do the research don't base your opinion on what I say or what anyone else says look at the reports from the governement. The US is not a democratic republic it is a constitutional republic. We are bound by a constitution. The Romans had a democratic republic. Originally our senators were appointed by the governors.
    Micheal Moore can have his opinion but when opinion doesn't line up with facts you have to wonder. If you have access to Fox News I suggest you watch it because they are the only fair and balanced news media network. By the way France was the one who had financial ties with Iraq and we are not after oil if you have ever read anything about ANWR then you'd know that we don't have to depend on foreign oil.

We told Iraq 12 years ago to give up its weapons or we'll take them by force (UN resolutions) So we enforced what we'd said we'd do. We haven't told N. Korea that. I'm giving you facts. I gave you a link to an article that said that Iraq and al-Quaeda were linked. I have no links not anything from you that could be considered fact.

7. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

originally posted by comrade:

What business does the u.S. have telling Saddam what to do? What would we do if Saddam had told us to do something he had no right to tell us to do?
    The u.S. needs to stay out of other countries' business. If Bush is so worried about people dying, why doesn't he outlaw abortion.

Homeland security is just another way of slowly taking away your rights. What does the Constitution say about "Homeland security" "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    This country was set up to protect itself, from other countries trying to do what we have done to Saddam. Saddam had a sovereign country, and with a sovereign country doing what they want the globalists can't bring the one world order into play.

8. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Bush outlawed partial birth but abortion is such a very hard subject. Saddam was taken out because he posed a threat to the US by having WMD's. I believe we should prevent instead of having to grieve.

9. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

What about mid term abortion? Or emergancy contraception?

You mean the wmd's the "US" sold to them? Why didn't they prevent the "threat" by not selling those missles. So when China comes knocking at our door and says "You pose a threat to us. Give us your wmd's" will the pres. say "no"? Why not? Or when the feds come knocking at your door saying "Your Bibles pose a threat to us." are we going to give up the word of God?

10. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

The US didn't only tell him to get rid of them. it was also your precious UN.(your = near majority of americans, and other countries who are scared to make descisions for themselves)

Alright, I am just going to stay completely out of Political discussions from here on out. thye get me to wound up, and I will say things here I ought not say. I want no more enemies. so Im reverting back to my non confrontational self.

11. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, I never really joined the political debates because I just don't know enough about either side to provide adequate defense of my opinion (which is not to say I don't have an opinion). I do know, as a North Carolinian until a month and a half ago, that overall, the people of NC are not too pleased with Kerry's voting record- every single adult that I ever spoke to did not like him. Now I have one question- if his own statesmen don't like him, then doesn't that tell you anthing?!

12. Comrade

Comrade New Member

We had this attack on our country three years ago. We've been a little busy with that. The US didn't sell them. We don't have UN resolutions against us.

13. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Just a quick note- I was confused! I meant sen. John Edwards, but I put Kerry cuz that's who we were talking about....like I said, I'm bad with politics! Forgive me!?!?

14. Comrade

Comrade New Member

No prob. I figured that when you said NC.