1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush's Faith Featured In 'The Wall Street Journal'

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 20, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Jim: I am loyal to NO party. I vote for the man regardless of what banner he is running under. It DOES matter to me, however, which party is more sympathetic to issues that are important to me. I do a lot of my voting based on platforms.

Ken: Could you give me the source of the email you received please? Was it from an individual or an organization?

Blessings,
    §ue

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have forwarded the email to your email address.

3. I Am Blessed 24

Thank you for the email Ken. According to that, it is not the President's fault that the bill is not a law. The House and Senate have to organize the final conference committee....not the President.

The bill must be agreed upon in a joint bi-partisan committee representing both the U.S. House and Senate.

"Kate Michelman, President of NARAL said, "We will challenge it, absolutely, without question."

They've vowed to overturn the law that inevitably will be signed by President Bush once it passes the final Conference Committee.

The passage of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act sent a message to the United States of America that the majority of Americans will not tolerate such hideous and inhumane procedures!

We must urge both the House and the Senate to organize this critical committee right away!

The House is already on August Recess. The Senate departs for recess on Friday. Please contact your Senators and Congressman urging them to organize this committee as soon as they return from recess!

The President is waiting to sign the bill into law and the American people overwhelmingly support this Ban!

4. Jameslef

Jameslef New Member

Clinton and Bush are just two sides of the same new one world order coin. Jesus Christ will defeat the anti-Christ at his Second Coming.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Amen, Jameslef.

Sue, I have some thoughts about the PBA ban. First, let me say that I am glad it is moving forward, this must be stopped.

BUT...PBA's are a "drop in the bucket" of the 3500 murders committed evary day. And here's the sticking point, IMO:

Most of the Politicians who court the pro-life vote care much less about unborn children than they do about their next campaign. At the same time, even many "pro-choicers" are against PBA's.

For a cynical, selfish, worthless politician, the PBA ban is a dream come true. They can vote for it, and claim to be fighting abortion, without angering the other side too much.

It works, apparently. It is to my knowledge the only thing that Bush has done (actuallly as Ken points out he hasn't dont it yet and doesn't seem to be pushing), and as he is silent on the issue of 3500 dead babies per day, many are willing to call him pro-life.

And the slaughter continues, 3500 per day.

6. I Am Blessed 24

Jim, I agree that the PBA is just a 'drop in the bucket', but at least it's a start. I am so far 'right' as an anti-abortionist...if the world were flat, I would have already fallen off the edge.

Roe vs Wade needs to be overturned. Barring that, anything we can do to stop, at least some of the killing, is good.

The President is eagerly waiting to sign the bill into law, but his hands are tied until the House and Senate do their job. In the email Ken received and forwarded to me, they were not urging us to push the President, because he is not the one dragging his feet. They were urging us to call our Congressmen and Senators to push THEM.

The House and Senate organizes this 'bi-partisan' committee.....not the President.

Blessings,
    §ue

7. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Thanks for the reply, Sue. I hope that you didn't miss the most important aspect of my post, which is that we can't allow politicians to stop at this and still claim to be "pro-life".

I believe that's what Bush will do, along with about 80% of the congressmen who want the pro-life vote. Let's not let them get away with it on election day.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I didn't miss it Jim and I agree 100%. I will cast my vote accordingly on election day, you can be sure of that.

:D
    §ue