1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Carter says Southern Baptists discriminate against women

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by RockRambler, Aug 2, 2005.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

JamesBell
    "Saying that he was senile while he was in office is an offense to me."
    "
    I clearly didn't say or even imply that.

"The Camp David Accords would have been something to be proud of, if they would have worked."
    "
    The Camp David Accords are a peace treaty between Israel and Egypt nothing more. Egypt and Israel have been at peace since those accords.

"I counter by asking what president has done more BEFORE being elected?"
    "
    Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington, Ike and a relatively long list of other US presidents. Becoming POTUS was the crowning archievement for a long and distinguished career for most presidents in US history.

"I just don't understand why you had to drag Reagan through the mud during a conversation about Carter."
    "
    I haven't, I've only pointed out that his aides did something rather low to secure his election (quite possibly completely unneeded which only makes their actions worse) and that Alzheimer's took away his mind after he left office.

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

In fact senility took his mind away before the poor man could do anything worth mentioning after his retirement.

Senility may have negative connatations or un PC
    in america but the definition is along the same lines of his offical
    diagnosis which was dementia and alzheimer's.

No condemnation to mioque he is correct in the
    use of the word.

senility (senil'etē) , deterioration of body and mind associated with old age. Indications of old age vary in the time of their appearance. Stooped posture, wrinkled skin, decrease in muscle strength, changes in the lens and muscles of the eye, brittleness of bone and stiffness of the joints, and hardening of the arteries (arteriosclerosis) are among the physical changes associated with old age. The mental changes associated with senility include impairment of judgment, loss of memory, and sometimes childish behavior. The psychological changes are thought to be related to aging of the cortical brain cells. Whereas the physical changes associated with aging occur in all individuals to some extent, evidence of psychological degeneration is not universal. In common usage, the term senility is applied only to mental deterioration. See geriatrics; Alzheimer's disease; amnesia.

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I agree.

4. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

I have seen Pres Carter give up his proverbial seat many times. I have volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for years, and on occaision, done a Jimmy Carter work project. He is so humble, it's amazing. He refuses to be served, he instead serves. One time, he and his wife even served everyone else lunch. And it wasn't the token "five minutes for the cameras and we're done". It was an hour behind the counter scooping out the courses. They didn't eat themselves until everyone was fed. No one asked them to do it, they just did it. And no, there were no news cameras around. </font>[/QUOTE]No offense JohnV, but I am to loft him on my shoulders because of that? What about the thousands that do that every single day of their lives and barely get a thank you? I am supposed to think more highly of him because he is a former President that does things a common man would? Hint: They are all common men.

I appreciate your experience and I can see from your words that it has enlightened your soul, so I admire that in you and am very happy for you to find such fulfillment. My question of his giving up a seat on the bus, was not really a question - I was merely making a point at how off topic we became. At any rate, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Amen

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Loft them likewise.