1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Obama To Hold Prime Time Press Conference Monday

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another non answer

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I doubt you forgot that. You just aren't telling the truth about that either. When something doesn't fit your argument, you ignore it. Most of us here see through that.

There are a great number of people who recognize that the Republican party in Congress is not conservative. The "rank and file" tend to be much more conservative, and since the Republicans are the closest to them, the rank and file go with the Republicans by and large, though not always.

For someone who comments on politics as much as you do, you don't seem to understand much about it. You know there is a difference between conservatives and Republicans just like there is between liberals and Democrats. There are some very conservative Republicans in Congress, and there are some very liberal Democrats. And there are a bunch of people in the middle.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

A. Thanks for answering a question never asked.
    B. Unlike you, who flip-flops on issues, candidates, and policy, some of us manage a consistent political viewpoint.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

When Republicans act like the conservatives we'd like them to be then they get our support. When they act like liberals then they'll get the same rejection as the liberal Democrats and maybe more because we expect better. You can give thanks to us in this last election for that honesty else Obama would not have won.

As I recall, Ken, you've switched parties, candidates, and even philosophies a great number of times in the past few years. Most of the rest of us have been much more consistent in these matters and likely will be in the years to come.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Obama tried... Pelosi and Barney you have a good point. However, every family has a child or two their not proud of... :laugh:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Look at it this way, the Democrats, specifically Pelosi and Barney Franks felt the bill should have been a lot bigger (around 1.3 Trillion) with far less tax cuts exclusively for the middle class. The Republican's felt it should be around $400 Billion with almost all tax cuts.

The final bill has more tax cuts than when it started and is down to $800 Billion. The way I see it the Democrats compromised but the GOP wouldn't budge. National polls say most people agree with me.

How long were they expected to sit a a table with folks who weren't compromising one bit in order to call it bipartisan? I think until the GOP has a little give in their stubborn position they will feel very left out. Obama tried and tried to get them to meet him half way but it was their way or no way.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

First, I think they did compromise. But more importantly, why should they? This is a bad bill and someone needs to stand up and say so.