1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rolfe, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

WASHINGTON—President Trump made his name on the world’s most famous island. Now he wants to buy the world’s biggest.

The idea of the U.S. purchasing Greenland has captured the former real-estate developer’s imagination, according to people familiar with the discussion, who said Mr. Trump has, with varying degrees of seriousness, repeatedly expressed interest in buying the ice-covered autonomous Danish territory between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans.

If it can be made to pay for itself, I think this may be a good idea for the U.S. in the long-term.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I read in today's WSJ, a lot of the push is coming from a desire to block the PRC. Copenhagen is subsidizing the territory on a shoestring. So, Greenland is looking for development funds.

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, something about China trying to finance like 3 airports there.

Then you have the 200 mile EEZ into the Arctic that would come with it if we bought it.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I can read the Greenlanders would be smart to play the China card and get the US to finance the three airports.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking with a population of 56,000 if you offered them 1 Million each they'd probably sell. I think it, 56B, would be worth it in the long run. Maybe start at 500,000 each. ???

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The liberal never Trumpers who suffer from Trump drangement would now have their own nation to migrate to!

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever seen flies find some piece of scrap food and just stay there? They always migrate to the place where people are actively eating and try to horn in on THAT food!
    Liberals are the same way!!
    How many cities/states have been ruined cause liberals just loved 'em, & then ended up ruining the area because they continued to vote in the same caliber yokels that ruined their previous abode.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1