1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Debate Comments

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Show me where that is a sin.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is a liar who lies again really saved? How about the one who looks at someone with lust in his heart?

Yall crazy. If he killed babies, he's rightly referred to as a baby killer. Moses killed a man and can rightly be referred to as a murderer.

That ain't got nothing to do with anybody's sins being forgiven.

God forgive me if I've ever acted as self righteous about everything as some of these folks are today. (smh)

Nevertheless Obama can be okay with killing babies and still go to heaven. Romney , on the other hand will not go to heaven as long as he is okay with his worshiping a false god.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann's Comment:

A FORMER baby killer, yeah. But someone who continues to practice the sin? Are they really saved? Are they really confessing their sins? If a murderer says a prayer then goes and kills someone else again, are they truly saved?

From my past experience, they are probably Catholic.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If he was flustered, it must have taken a few times to get him there cause Romney had to explain that to him again and again and again.

I guess he's used to saying things again and again and just expecting folks to believe it because he sys it again and again and again.

I think he needs to keep using the "trickle down government"phrase. I was just talking to someone on another board and he goes that Romney doesn't care about the middle class and poor folks and helping them maintain their standard of living.

folks really believe that the purpose of government is to make them comfortable by taking somebody else's money. CRAZY!

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

--------------------------------------------

#66 Arbo, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You contradict the Word of God.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Something I got from you: show me where in Scripture that it says a person who is okay with someone else's sin cannot go to heaven.

You seem to have fashioned your own version of God's word.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do me a favor Ann, please don't let him draw this thread off topic.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just more hypocrisy from the clique as you ain't said a thing about the folks who really took the thread off topic. But typical behavior from the pro-Romney clique.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Thanks Winman! That was my thought exactly. I just did not want to get too risque!

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I can show you in Scripture and have done so routinely where God hates those who shed innocent blood, that is, those who kill unborn children.

Proverbs 6:16-19
    16. These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

But you don't care. You are more concerned about "Big Bird" than the millions of unborn children whose slaughter you support. So rather than worry about Romney's salvation you have more serious problems!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

But is Obama shedding innocent blood or has he just said he's okay with folks making the choice to shed innocent blood? Now he has for sure facilitated the ability of folks to get an abortion.

But likewise, one could also say that Romney has facilitated for folks to go to hell.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People going to Hell is the default position of humanity. Romney has nothing to do with it.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If he's spreading false teachings and pulling folks into the worship of the false god of Mormonism, he has plenty to do with others going to hell.

So go on defending this man even in his wrong. All because of an election. Shameful.

2 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell[a] and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;[c] 7 and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8 (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard); 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials,[d] and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who indulge[e] in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. 2 Peter 2:4-10

17. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I did not watch the debate. I read the transcript this morning that I found here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eb6e-0d91-11e2-bd1a-b868e65d57eb_story_4.html

I am not surprised by what I read. Romney clearly won and Obama was clearly frustrated. He is, as I expected, a typical narcissist that hates to be challenged and has no time for facts. He, in typical liberal form, kept going after the same tired lie and Romney kept correcting him. Obama appeared to be unprepared, also a typical narcissist trait, as though such things are beneath him.

The pictures shared in this thread are pretty much what I imagined as I read the transcripts.

The only surprise for me was Romney's willingness to continue correcting Obama.

For the record, as I am sure many of you know, I am not a Romney supporter.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That was about the only other interesting part of the debate. He kept trying to pass the same lie as the truth, and even though Jim Lehrer tried to cut Romney off from correcting him a couple of times, he still corrected the lie.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People going to Hell is the default position of humanity. Romney has nothing to do with it.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then get everybody to stop sharing the Gospel and see if that has anything to do with folks going to heaven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.