1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Fearmongering

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 4, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can agree with both of these and probably add more. None of that is government spending. Government spending raises the national debt but it doesn't cause unemployment and the economy to belly up.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why is it that the Republicans are trying to "push back the ballooning size of the recovery plan?" Why are they not trying to defeat this bill, revoke the bailout of 2008 and demand the money be returned to the treasury? I tell you why, because the Republicans are only one degree less liberal than the democrats.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Do you really think this would help during these trying times? Just return the money and everything will be alright? The problem will fix itself?

I don't think so. In fact, I worry that the stimulus bill is not large enough.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, I do not think that would solve the problem. What I do think is that it puts the responsibility where it belongs, with the individual or company that made the bad decision. Covering decisions made by people without common sense is not a function of the federal government.

#84 saturneptune, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009