1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Impeachment Begins

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What crimes! My goodness he freed thousands from Sadam, he provided for Democracy, he has presided over rebuilding Iraq. IMHO, Bush should be impreach for these crimes

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our C in C will be changed in about 5 months. Why give the enemy more courage to attack us again? In the meantime, lets fix this energy problem. George is a lame duck anyway. If he needs to be charged with serious crimes and misdemeanors later, go for it.

The congress has been approving most everything he has requested. Somebody must approve of what he has been doing. He has been doing his best within his abilities, which is all we can ask of anyone. Someone is using a lot of smoke screen. The president is only one person and he does not have the final say. The apathy of the body politic should be considered--not enough of us care to do something corrective and lasting at the polls. We are reaping what we have sowed, an abundance.

Peace,

Bro. James

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Doesn't killing Saddam remind you of David?

Remember, there were no WMD and Bush knew that...

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there were no WMD, its beacuse Sadam use them all before the US GI's arrived in Iraq!

Even if Bush knew there were no WMD, what is the excuse for the leaders of Congress...

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

What? No.

Last month, Sen. John D. Rockefeller(D-WV), chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence, attempted to prove that 'Bush knew that'.

In each case, Bush's statements on Iraqi WMD were "generally substantiated by intelligence information."

See Washington Post, June 9th.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

They were told by their Commander and Chief there were WMD...

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Did Bush Do to Make So Many Angry?

I just don't understand the frail mentality of mankind, especially Americans. I'll say this about the WMD's...had we not taken so long to amass the troops and announce our intentions to invade Iraq, we more than likely would have found WMD's.

American critics need to remember, Iraq had months to get the nukes and chemicals out of the country because we made our every move, public.:tonofbricks:

There was a time when this country wanted "blood" and they got their blood, and than they turn and run. If Bush is guilty of any crimes, than all Americans are guilty of like crimes. We are at war with a group of thugs that dress like the civilian shields they hide behind. This war on terror has been a nightmare [since Reagan was POTUS, and it will be a nightmare for the next administration too!!! The terrorists carefully reviewed the history of the West when they fought in Viet Nam [France and America]. They discovered that we would fight, but, they new that the general populace did not have the guts for a long, protracted war. They discovered how to manipulate the media, and make the Administration the fall guys!

Al-Queda has used our disdain for long, costly wars to turn the popular opinion of the people, and this has hurt any efforts of Bush. Clinton knew this, and he smartly stayed away from any real war. However,now that we are in this war, we must either stand and fight until it's won, or we risk losing face, and I think if we pull out of this war, we will see terrorists in our local malls, and neighborhoods. Of course, maybe that will be a good thing, especially if they start in Malibu and Burbank, and Hollywood. The fat and pampered stars of celluloid need to see what Jihad really means...we are ALL the great satan :1_grouphug:

Of course, this IMHO, I can't harbor any bad feelings toward Bush. I called my Congressperson and Senator and told them to vote for war. I wonder how many of you will admit to this truth? IMHO, history will either hang his reputation, or it will make make him a great president. Honestly, Bush should have taken the road traveled by John Adams. He should have steered clear of any war with any Arabs.

I feel a heavy heart for the next POTUS. That person is getting something put at their doorstep that will be hard to find an end for. If we pull out, we lose. If we stay we lose [public support]. It takes something more than those pathetic Bush hater's have, to fight this war with terrorists.

I'm Pastor Paul, and I approve this message...:laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So we had all this intelligence that showed us they had these weapons and the same intelligence didn't see them move? Especially with the administration under scrutiny like it is, if they had proof you'd of seen it by now.

Where do you get all from? All of us didn't want war in Iraq. In fact most of us wondered why we were invading Iraq when we knew the terrorist were in Afghanistan. Some of us even wondered why we went to Afghanistan after we saw what troubles the Russians had there.

Surely you don't believe that.

Terrorist are already in our local malls and neighborhoods. Perhaps you forgot that Timothy McVeigh was an American that could have been living next to you. If I were a terorist, the last place I would be is where their looking for me. If they are dumb enough to be in Afghanistan they deserve to be killed.

Why do you think all American's think like you? I didn't call my Senator and I didn't want war with the middle east. Listen, who would want war against a people who are not afraid to die? War is no deterrent to a man who thinks dieing is a noble cause. What then is your threat? The most we can do is pray he doesn't take anyone with him when he decides it's his turn to go...

The only way to win this war is to kill them all which we can't do. The longer we stay and the more we kill the more terrorist we create...

Who ever heard of solving violence with violence...

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No Bush did not know that. :BangHead:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

They were convinced of ths long before Bush got into office. As they were also convinced Saddam was a threat to the US long before Bush got into office. To much CNN warps the mind.

#30 Revmitchell, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Al Qaeda in Iraq is practically defeated, the Shia are supporting the central government and turning their backs on their militias, the Sunnis are keeping Sunni extremists out of their towns, oil production is up, and the Iraqis are about to hold provincial elections. Civilian and military casualties are way down. If that is failure, then give us more.

Edit - And Obama has quietly removed all the statements from his webpage that said "the surge cannot succeed". LINK

#31 NiteShift, Jul 20, 2008
  12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And it only cost us 3,000 + lives thousands of wounded and about a trillion dollars so far and the respect of much of the rest of the world. I remember when conservatives were against nation building.

Whatever happened to that anyway?

13. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

A student of history such as yourself surely knows that 3000 + lives lost in a war is extremely low by historical standards. Tragic for the families, but still very low. Nation building I can do without, but traditionally, Americans have felt that a job once begun requires them to complete it successfully. Since when did you worry about the respect of the rest of the world?

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

As a student of history I know that repeating the same mistakes over and over is never going to yield different results. More and grander interventions aren't the answer to the problems that our past interventions have caused. I guess I probably started to worry about our loss of respect around the world about the time you stopped worrying about it.

The USA was supposed to be a "beacon of freedom" around the world and not the military enforcement arm of the "international community" that it's become since WW2.

#34 poncho, Jul 20, 2008
  15. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Iraq is now the only democracy in the entire region, other than Israel. They might even consider themselves a beacon of freedom.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."

When did it become the USA's mission to democratize the world by isolationism and force of arms anyway?

Iraqi's are only free to do what the "international community" demands. That isn't freedom that's coercion. But seeing as how we in the USA are for all practical purposes in the same boat and conditioned to accept such a condition as normal I can understand how the two very different circumstances can be confused.

#36 poncho, Jul 20, 2008
  17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You are right, terrorism is practically defeated so I guess we can bring our troops home. I'm not saying the Iraqi people are not stepping up more but I'm inclined to believe they see a time table coming where we'll leave. It is time for them to begin to compromise and come to some agreements for government.

It doesn't matter if we leave today or 100 years from now, there will be a civil war in Iraq once we're gone. That or one of the other countries will take it over or several will divide it up.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Who are we to believe everyone wants democracy? Democratic principles are contrary to their religious beliefs. So a beacon of freedom in that area may not be a desired symbol.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If that's the case then y'all should have no problem siding with Obama and his globalist adviser Brzezinski. Who openly advocates the use of America's imperial might.

Imperialism.
    1. The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.
    2. The system, policies, or practices of such a government.
    Source...

#39 poncho, Jul 20, 2008
  20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

True, but all the people you quoted wanted the UN to go in and not America to take it on themselves to go without international support. That would have made a big difference with where we stand today in the international community.