1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Libaries and Homes

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by saturneptune, Jun 27, 2010.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Our family saw the Eisenhower and Truman libraries a few weeks ago. They were fascinating to me, but I really like history. Next month we plan on seeing the Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe homes in Charlottesville. Also, on our trip to California we plan on seeing the Nixon and Reagan libraries. So, has anyone been to a home or library, and which did you like best and why?

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I've visited the homes of Jefferson and Madison, and of course Andrew Jackson's home is just a few miles from mine [His is in a little better shape than mine though.]

I found each of them to be interesting in different ways so I'd be hard pressed to say that I necessarily like one more than the other.

Speaking of Eisenhower, the brother of one of my aunts used to run the local news agency in Gettysburg PA. He would deliver the newspaper to the Eisenhower farm that was located outside of Gettysburg and had some opportunities to meet the retired President and general. I remember him telling about the time when the two of them swapped war stories about WW2. (He served under Gen. Eisenhower in WW2.)

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have been to the Billy Graham library. Interesting.

I have also been to the Truman homestead and library. Interesting.