1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President's home at SWBTS

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 24, 2007.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

preachinjesus writes:
    "While I don't agree with Drs. Patterson on their current abode and the finances used to help expand it, I think that is a matter for the trustees of Southwestern and those whom the trustees are elected by to consider. I do know that much of the funds used to improve the current mansion were gotten from a private contributor and not SBC CP funds. Now I can certainly see some much more needed places than the presidential manse to put one's funds towards (building churches in India, helping the IMB, help planting churches in truly unchurched regions, etc.)"

Two concerns:

1. I suspect that the private contributor funds would have gone to the SBC CP funds for the work of the gospel had they not been guided to support the mansion expansion. Does anyone know who the private contributor was and how the funds were solicited?

2. I agree, the trustees are also responsible. The problem here is only pastors of large churches are well known enough to get elected at the convention. Large church pastors usually are well paid with many benefits. So these large church pastor don't get too concerned about extravagences at SWBTS.