1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preterism remains false - Did Jesus lie? NO!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not surprised, they were both taught by Jesuits in the 16th century,

The only teaching that Catholics don't like is historicism, that teaches the pope is Antichrist.

They love futurism.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that broken record's gonna CONTINUE to play long as you keep hawking a false doctrine you cannot prove.

No, I didn't say it at all. SCRIPTURE sez it.

Yes, I DID. You just don't like the answer cuz it goes against your pret hooey.

Rev. 20:1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time. 4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of b]">[b]their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

Now, "I" didn't prove it; GOD did in His own word.

1 Thess. 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

See any mention of the "day of the Lord" here? Or anywhere in that chapter? The event described here is the return of Jesus, while Peter mentions the re-making of the surface of the earth.

Rev. 21:5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

I don't hafta prove a thing. All I need do is repeat SCRIPTURE, either the words themselves, or their meanings. YOUR stuff is based upon conjecture, imagination, guesswork, & the writings of charlatans, while mine is based upon the WORD OF GOD, and history/reality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you before that a calamite is an extinct species of plant. Look it up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they HAVEN'T yet cometa pass. No getting by that big ole bear of a FACT.

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't recognise the word "Cometa" so I looked it up and it seems that is a gun maker, and also Portuguese for Comet. There is a bus company in Brazil called Viação Cometa which means Road Comet

So what has that to do with preterism?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forget or perhaps didn't read that Jesus sometimes spoke in symbolic or figurative language,

7. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave my Funk and Wagnall's to my granddaughter earlier this year. It was a very hefty two volumes, very good for flattening photos in the days when we had to develop, and enlarge photos.

8. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    continue on to verse 5.

1Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Then is this literal?

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

God said that in his word as well. :Wink

9. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hafta (Persian: هفته) is the Persian word for week and is also used as a loanword in Hindi, Urdu and Turkish languages. A week has seven days, and is possible that it could be from Hepta, for seven.

Wikipedia.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prophecy70 Seems Roby is an expert in prophecy, but not in English?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ole. Misspelled Spanish.

olé

[oh-ley]
    interjection
    (used as a shout of approval, triumph, or encouragement).
    noun
    a cry of “olé.”.

Dictionary.com

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have trouble with slang or textalk? I use both frequently.

13. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't use slang, except as a Londoner born, i very rarely use Rhyming slang, such as taters, and barnet, not to forget skyrocket, and jellybone.

Actually there is a website called se1direct, SE1, London Southeast one, the area my parents hailed from has a forum and they ban text talk and slang. They seem to have higher standards than any Christian site I have been on. Certainly higher than yours.

14. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Im 27 years old, I grew up with a cell phone in my hand. I text numerous times, and I don't think Ive ever used Hasta, or Hafta.

Text talk is short handing something. hafta is not really much of a time saver.

15. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use text a fair amount but I always use full English. Text talk is not necessary with predictive text.

We once had a French girl staying with us and she said "We are told that the English use 'yes' but the English never use yes."

That is partially true. On most forums you will see yep and yeah instead of yes.

Another moan is people using There instead of Their and viccy vercy (to use a bit of slang.)
    Also There instead of They're

16. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I know pasta, may have some tomorrow

17. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would be lying if I said I wasn't guilty of that. :D

18. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pasta to me has some biblical goodness to it. :)

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm gonna post AS I CHOOSE, within the rules of the board, & that's THAT! I'll say no more about it.
    (No smart-aleckedness meant)

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH..........

I posted in the OP that the prophecies of Jesus MUST cometa pass EXACTLY, TO THE LETTER, or it'd mean jesus had sinnedby making a false prophecy. No preterist has shown the board one quark of PROOF that all Jesus' prophecies have been fulfilled! That's the ONLY way they can prove their case!

That should be the preterists' only line here - to present PROOF that the prophesied eschatological events have already occurred. If they can't, the CHRISTIAN thing to do is to admit their error & renounce preterism.

Either some of Jesus' prophecies were false, or preterism is false. As preterism is man-made & having nothing proving it true, I believe every word JESUS said that He caused to be written down & preserved to this day.

Remember, Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the mouth of GOD. And Jesus IS God, with His Father & the Holy Spirit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biggest thing I think Premillennialists have to worry about is their belief in the restoration of the temple, and the reinstatement of the Levitical priesthood and its rites. (Not that the belief that Christ is coming again to establish a temporal kingdom isn't problematic in its own rights.)

Where Preterism may have it's difficulties, Premillennialism borders on antichrist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.