1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preterism remains false - Did Jesus lie? NO!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know,you keep saying that, but Jesus said that that generation would not pass till all these things were fulfilled. That generation did pass. Jesus, in Matt 23 pronounced woes for the sins of the scribes and Pharisees, and said their house would be left desolate. It was and still is desolate. All that would come on that generation then living. It did.

You were asked by prophecy70 some time ago if you would post your views on Daniel 9. I did't notice if you had. I posted mine sometime ago but can't find it now.

3. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 19
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”a He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

1 thess 4
    13Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Exactly as written which coming is going to happen?

4. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes please Robycop Daniel 9 exactly as written please explain it to me.

5. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your posts are EXCELLENT!

Have you read Major Bible Prophecies by Walvoord? He was President of Dallas Theological Seminary.

I have a question. What does Rom 11 mean when it talks about Gentiles (presumably Christians) being grafted into a Vine as branches, along with Jews as branches?

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, exactly as written. Three disciples saw Jesus' transfiguration; the others died without seeing this manifestation of Jesus.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, the eschatological prophecies were not the same as the "days of vengeance" prophecies. Matt. 23 was the "days of vengeance " prophecies; Matt. 24 was the Olivet Discourse eschatological prophecies.

STILL awaiting PROOF the eschatological prophecies have already been fulfilled! The veracity of preterism rests upon whether those prophecies have already been fulfilled or not!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BOTH, of course1 They don't contradict. Jesus will bring the saints who will have already died with Him, while calling up those who will still be alive, to meet Him in the air. Pretty easy to see if you LOOK.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, easy to see if one LOOKS. Danny called the Romans "the people of the prince that shall come". He did NOT say the prince would be there when they destroyed J & the temple.

Not hard to see if one CAREfULLY reads the Scriptures.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was sent first to the Jews. His human line is Jewish. The Jews were the NATURAL first recipients of the Gospel, but Jesus soon opened it to non-Israelis as well.

11. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. MMM 2018 is 70 years of a Gen that's what the bible says !! {ISRAEL}

12. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And the bible has something very Intro, By their own , they may make it further, but 70 years is a Gen!

13. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But most will not understand what I'm Ranting about!

14. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are fixed on Matt 24 and completely ignore the accounts of Mark and Luke. Luke writing of the same events as the others said Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. Completing his reading in Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
    17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
    18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
    20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
    21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

15. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It has been fulfilled just not in your Hasta Hafta cometa mind.

16. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Um what?

17. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    On a horse or no?

18. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They never seen him after the transfiguration?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's assume for the moment you can wrest the notion that He was referring to His disciples from the narrative:

Jesus was coming in His kingdom at the transfiguration?

Yer reachin', copper. LOL.

But, the fact He also said they wouldn't die till "all these things," some of which you assert is yet to come, is the nail in your coffin.

You're surrounded. Come out with your hands up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does seem a bit like gibberish, are you pentecostal?

40 years are a generation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.