1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preterists still won't give up...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pharisees represented unregenerate Israel and they sat in Moses' seat.

#41 David Kent, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?

3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are attempting to connect dots that have no business being connected.
    Are unregenerate men the temple of God?
    Are we to believe that the RCC is the temple of God?

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed!

5. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ideas/beliefs have consequences.

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they do. I can't understand how anyone could think that what dispensationalism teaches is a good thing.

7. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nor can I.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

No denying this short, laconic prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes. The increase in knowledge includes that of God's word, as the meanings of some prophecies are becoming clear as their fulfillment unfolds.

No, the preterism of the pret doctrine is not correct at all.

You say you believe in a literal understanding but you do not as when it suits you you deny the obvious fulfillment because it doesn't fit in with your preconceived ideas. You deny the prince has come [/quote]

Yes, I do, and still will.

No one with the sense God gave a doorstop denies J & the temple were destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. But the prophecy implies there will be a SPECIAL prince of Roman ancestry who will be far-more-prominent than any other. There were Roman princes from the time of Hezekiah onward for some 1100 years, and Titus was nothing special above the others.

OF COURSE I deny it, as it's FALSE. And I was NOT taught such; I deduced it on my own by studying Scripture & history together. The AC will be ONE MAN, not a whole line, each appointed by other men.

Yes, mosta the popes were little antichrists, same as anyone else who "has a form of godliness while denying its POWER", but the ARCH-ANTICHRIST has not yet been made manifest.

I'm generally not too polite when dealing with false doctrines, & I'm not gonna be, as I utterly detest them. But I'll be polite with those who hold FDs while discussing other things.

And I'm a dispy only to the point of believing there are only THREE dispensations - that of the Old Covenant, including the earliest men, that of the New Covenant instituted by Jesus, and the world to come. (I believe the "seven church age" doctrine to be phony as a French Jaguar,)

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's apparent I understand them far-better than YOU do. I don't try to invent new meanings for them.

Yes, Jerusalem was desolated in 70 AD but that was NOT the ABOMINATION of desolation.

The AOD, that is, the antichrist declaring himself to be God & demanding to be worshipped, will cause hatred & disgust in Christian & Jew alike, but they'll be helpless to do anything about it & thus will feel desolated.

Only partially right!

The final kingdom, ruled by the antichrist, will be made up at first from many peoples & nations that were part of the Roman & Holy Roman Empires, but it'll eventually include most of the world. Remember, the Revelation calls for an EIGHTH kingdom, which will be of the 7th. And the AC will likely rule from Rome for a little while, at least, as it appears the RCC will help boost him into power as it did Hitler.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't begin to prove it false. You CANNOT prove something WON'T happen, especially if a prophet of God has predicted it. (Neither can I, nor anyone else.)

Many people of two generations ago didn't believe a Jewish sovereign state would exist again, but they were proven wrong by history.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have the backing of actual history. the events prets CLAIM have already occurred, have NOT actually yet occurred, simple as THAT! No one can prove differently!

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But can you prove there will never be one?

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a prominent pret excuse.

HISTORY tells us quite a bit about the literality of biblical prophecy and biblical descriptions of events.

No argument there. But they represent LITERAL things, nations, & people.

No, not all has yet been fulfilled. The prince/antichrist/beast/man of sin has NOT yet come, nor his empire.

The earth has gone right on, same as it was in Daniel's day. That's a HUGE factor! The earth will be greatly altered by the great trib, and by Jesus' return. it's very-obvious neither has yet occurred. And all those events will occur in a 3.5 year span.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree!

And I don't believe the new temple the Jews are gonna build will be an actual temple of God, although many Christians & all jews will view it as such. (I say this cuz JESUS won't be worshipped in it.)

And while popes were antichrist same as anyone else who isn't submitted to Jesus, the ARCH-antichrist has not yet come. (However, his deputy the false prophet may be a pope ot other high RCC official.)

15. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    After meeting you, A flying spaghetti monster is not unbelievable any more.

Venus or another planet coming to earth that starts plagues :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

16. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah how Titus the prince came with his armies to desolate the temple in AD 70. Correct.

17. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The same has been said in every generation leading up to now. What makes your deductions so different?

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess not, to someone who believes Jesus has already returned & is now ruling the world.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But NOT that Titus was the prince of Daniel 9.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the fact that now it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING. w
    When I was a child, computers were the size of a house & used more electric than a whole village. There were no vaccines against polio, etc. Today, a businessman can start his day in NYC & finish it in Tokyo.

There are people alive today who remember when there were no antibiotix, no TV, few radios, no supersonic jets, no man-made satellites, no one had been on the moon, on & on. And knowledge is increasing faster than ever before. I remember the first cell phones just a few years ago - big as a suitcase, had to be installed in vehicles, limited usage.

On & on.

Deny all ya like; it'll only be false.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.