1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preventing violence

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Have you ever had a criminal complaint filed against you for harassment and/or stalking John?

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Protestants can be very selective on what or who makes their idol list. Roman Catholics make an easy target, especially to over zealous evangelists well-catechized at the University of Chick Tracts. I am not discounting the idolatrous element of RC, but I wonder how many street preachers rail against gluttony at buffets, covetousness, and so on.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to think He can...

.... but taking 5 loaves and five fish to a detention center [that our Congress and Senators can't even gain entrance to] and praying over them would get us removed for the simple reason of separation of church and state, and offering a public evangelical prayer!

Besides, most on this board have already told me that this is not a Christian nation, and if Christians feel that way, I can't see God going out on a cloud [limb] to do a miracle for an unrepentant people. Sure He could, and He would, but I'm not sure if He'd get involved in an international crisis that involves broken laws, lawlessness, disregard for the host country and their sovereignty, and for a large group of folks that hate Him, can't even handle their own affairs, are so far in debt that they are drowning, and for a large group of people who want what is entitled to them. Miracles are not entitlements, are they?

It is my opinion, as far as where America is concerned, that He is standing back in a "Wait and see pattern!" And in truth, we deserve that hestiation, because as a so-called Godly people, we have done nothing to convince Him of us needing or deserving anything more or anything less! :type:

4. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

See, brother, this is where you go off the rails in my opinion. Do you honestly believe God is sitting in Heaven and thinking, "wow, can't feed all those people and see that they are saved because they walked across a man made border to seek safety, security, and a better life for their family?" He made the entire universe. He owns it all. We made the borders to satisfy our own needs.

God created one country, and this ain't it. And in the one country He did create, he gave them a leader, and the resulting politics, almost as a punishment because they were not content in having God be their King. They wanted a man to lead them like the pagan countries. And what happened when the Kings arose in Israel? Chaos and misery, and the end game, their destruction.

Lets work towards seeing as many saved as possible then we will all be citizens of Heaven and borders won't matter. Or is it truly all about them being brown?

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The guy who stood in front of a catholic church? That wasn't persecution. That was deliberate antagonizing. How can that be called Christ-like?

Try standing outside a crack house and shouting that everyone in it is a sinner. Or a brothel, shouting that it's filled with harlots who need to repent. Or a dance club, shouting that the patrons are participating in drunken revelry and need God.

What response do you expect from the unsaved when you do such things?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!:applause:

Now you see again how this is about politics as usual for the same people. There's always limitations placed on God because of THEIR political beliefs. There's always something they don't believe that God will do because of THEIR political beliefs.

Because the "POLITICS" don't look like how certain people want them to look, then we're not gonna behave in a Christ-honoring fashion.

We will constantly disobey God's law and try to justify it but wonder why folks are illegally crossing the borders and trying to justify it.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

N/m ......

#47 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that is an old fashion.....

Kum by ya moment. You get my vote go for it when are youheading to Texas to work the miracle, cause I want to be there to witness this and learn from dawg....