1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Previous Post - Arminians Please Answer

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Sovereign Grace, Oct 10, 2002.

1. What???? The point of the passage is that God is not choosing based on something about the person. How did you get that turned around? The calling and choosing are synonymous. There is no difference.</font>[/QUOTE]The calling and the choosing are not syn-na ma-na-na-mous.(synonymous)

To call is to beckon one to come. To chose is to single out for a particular purpose.

It means the same thing in the bible as it means in everyday life. That's why the bible is translated into our language.

Scarcasm not intended, just wanted to emphasize that the language of the bible is not at enmity with our language...

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Are you familiar with parallelism in language??? If you are, then you will understand that what I am saying is in perfect agreement with the text. If you are not, then find out about parallelism, and you will see what I say what I do. In the context, calling and choosing refer to the same thing, as is clear from the parallelism involved in the statement. The language of the Bible is not at enmity with our language. You just have to understand our langauge.