1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pride...

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by evangelist6589, Jun 23, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I strongly suggest everyone on this board read Respectable Sins by Bridges. What what a convicting book. Reading on pride I saw that I suffer with Doctrinal Pride at times like most Christians these days. My Calvinism, eschatology, LS, and evangelism in particular. I won't buy anymore books but perhaps read slowly the following books which are the opposite of my views.

CBF
    balancing the Christian life by Ryrie
    Sections defending opposing eschatology view in my books
    Share Jesus without Fear and Conversational evangelism

What if I did this? What if Calvinism was incorrect? What if WOTM is wrong? What if Mac is wrong? Can anyone do this and read and be humble to opposing views? This is no easy task. Lord help me be more humble.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean no insult, but I have noticed that you keep referring to books written about doctrine but rarely do you mention the Bible.

A simple observation.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Hard to do and humbling and a must if you are seeking the truth. We cannot be afraid to study opposing views with an open mind. :love2: