1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Primative Baptist Churches

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JRG39402, Mar 21, 2006.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

My teacher is the wife of a PB preacher and she thought she wasn't Calvinist. It turned out that she was. Perhaps she heard a sermon when the preacher meant to speak against hyper Calvinism. It is an easy mistake. It probably would be better if they had seminaries, but they are typically against them.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have noted (especially in here with all the different types of Baptists that frequent this forum) that Baptists stab themselves in the foot over and over by looking at each other instead of focusing on the task at hand - that of bringing a lost and dying world to the saving knowledge of the grace and sacrifice of our Lord. If we were as focused as the Mormon cult, we would be able to do this, but we pick at each other like hens.

Just a thought to put in your craw..... :cool:

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We do tend to get carried away at times but through debate it causes everyone of us to go and read, study Scriptures, study others belief on the subject and believe it or not to improve on our own spelling and meaning of certain words. When all is said and done we all are the more knowledgeable for it. I agree we need to tone down the comments towards one another.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, and this is exactly why so few come to fellowship in the Missions/Evangelism thread. What I wonder is, how many on the BB are actually obeying the Great Commission?

I enjoy and participate in some of the debates, and agree with Brother Bob that they can drive us to the Scriptures, but pure head knowledge puffs people up, and that is where we see the nastiness, I believe.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I fully understand what you are saying JoJ.

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Debate is dangerous when there are so many that are "authorities" - To seek God's help in prayer, most of us (if the shoes fits...) need to pray to be more humble and less proud.

And look to the Bible for ALL final authority.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I say look to God for all final authority!

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and His Word to us is the Holy Bible.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Written word; He is the Word.

John, chapter 1
    "14": And the Word was made flesh , and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    "15": John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

10. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

Some people claim Allah is God, Brother Bob. We must test what people say is of God what we already know is of God ... His word (the Bible).

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea JRG39402, and when Moses came off the Mt. the people were calling a molten calf God, but didn't make it so.

If you believe Jesus is the Christ then I don't think you have a problem with what is the "word".

Titus, chapter 2
    "11": For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    "12": Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
    "13": Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

"14": Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

12. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!!! And I will take a thousand of my Primitive Baptist brothers and sisters over anyone that worships Allah....any day!

13. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I appreciate that.

14. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

I agree dcorbett. Unless of coarse you are anti-muslim rather than anti-Islam.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

They should have stuck to de-calf-inated coffee.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member