1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by following-Him, Nov 26, 2005.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

We have a Canon Smartbase MP360S, which is a printer, scanner and copier and quite recently it has decided to stop printing part way through the second page of anything I try to print out if it is more than one page. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be please? I have some essays coming up that require printouts from the internet, so I could really do with getting this problem sorted out.

Thank you and God Bless

followinghim

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I wish I could help. Does your printer have some type of "self-diagosis" option that you can run?

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not much to help with so little information. Some ideas you might consider.

Try c4k's idea first if you have one.

If it has a toner cartridge could it be getting low - if so take it out and shake it horizontally and put it back in.

You might go to their website, some have some good FAQs and or troubleshooting hints that might give you some ideas.

How does it stop printing? Does it fade out or just stop?

When it stops are there any error messages? Have you opened your printer window to see if the print job is showing finished or if it is showing pending?

4. following-Him

Thanks for your help.

No, there are no error messages. The printer paper just stops coming through and it is always on the 2nd page. The first page is no problem. The print schedule shows that printing is in progress. :confused:

I will try and find the manual and see if that tells me anything.

Thank you once again.

Blessings

followinghim

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, some ideas:

Do you have anything running in the background on the computer that could be interupting the unit? yahoo and other instant messangers some times like to give trouble.

Have you changed paper types? Are there any other changes on your computer printer that have taken place recently?

Ink cartridges seated correctly? (if it has cartridges)

If the printer uses usb do you have other items plugged into another usb port that could be interupting things?

Are cables seated correctly?

6. following-Him

Everything you suggested seems to be ok. By trial and error I have narrowed it down inasmuch as the machine works fine if copying or printing but it plays up if I am trying to print something I have highlighted. :confused:

I have e-mailed the canon people and have to wait a couple of days for a reply apparently.

Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me. I think I will have to do the printing off I need at university for the moment.

I will let you know what advice I get from Canon.

God Bless

followinghim

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

One thing I saw on the Canon web site suggested that printing may stop due to the print head overheating. I'm not sure if it would give you an error message or not. The Canon guys can probably figure it out for you. They usually have top secret troubleshooting info that is not available to the public, so we don't find out everything that can really go wrong with these things, hehe. For as many moving parts as most printers have, they work remarkably well.

8. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

My Epson didn't have the same problem, but I fixed it, I bought an HP.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might unistall your printer software, reboot and reinstall it.

Two ways to uninstall. First, try going to start/programs/and find the printer stuff and see if there is an uninstall option. Use this if it is there.

If it isn't there go to start/control panel/add remove programs. See if the printer is listed there - if it is uninstall.

If neither of these exist the only other thing I could think of is uninstall the driver and reinstall it in start/control panel/add remove hardware.