1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

printer won't print color

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by donnA, Dec 13, 2003.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I had a fairly new color cartridge, but it stoped priniting color,so I figured it was empty, even though I haven't printed much in color. So today I refilled it, first refill on this cartridge. And it still won't print color. I even ran the clean nozzel and it still won't print color. Is it something wrong with my cartridge or my printer? IS there anything I can do?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Make sure you don't have your preferences set to print in Gray scale. I have mine set that way..

Diane

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Ok, how do I check that? I've had the printer a few years and it always worked fine before.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You can click on File, Print and then open preferences, click on color and see how that is set. I keep mine sent on grayscale and econo to save money. If our color dries up, my fax / scanner shuts down!

Diane

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

After I got in properties there wasn't a color. It only had document and paper sizing.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

On my computer I found I could do the following.

Go to Control Panel, then to Printers and Other Hardware (it may be titled Printers and Faxes), and then click on your printer. You'll get a window that lists the jobs your printer is working on. It should be empty. Click on Printer and then Properties. At the bottom, click on the button labeled Printing Preferences. In there click on the tab labeled Color. There mine has a checkbox that allows you to set it to print in greyscale. That checkbox may have somehow become checked. This is on XP with an HP printer shared over a network. Yours could be slightly different.

One other solution. You do not metion if it is actually printing grey instead of color or if it is printing nothing instead of color. If it is not printing anything you may have to do some cleaning. Since you say you do not print color very often, this is a possibility. Take the cartridge out and look where the ink comes out. If it is dirty, you may need to clean it. I typically take some alcohol and a papertowel to do this. It takes a few cleanings to get it right and it can be somewhat messy. You may also have to do the same on the adjacent part of the printer.

There is a final possibility. Some printers put a chip in the cartridge that will not allow you to refill it. After so many prints, it will not work anymore. Even if there is ink left. There is software that can be downloaded to reset these chips.

Good luck.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I cleaned it. And emailed the comapny and they said clean it, so I did it both ways, several times. When I run the clean nozzle thing it eventually gave me red, a streak of blue, and no yellow at all.
    Think I need a new cartridge.