1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prison Fellowship president blasts liberal mindset regarding faith-based programs

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 15, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The head of Prison Fellowship, a Christian outreach that works to rehabilitate prisoners and reduce recidivism, says liberal groups want to stop effective, faith-based inmate rehabilitation programs like its own InnerChange Freedom Initiative simply because they point people to Christ. Even now, he notes, a legal battle is being waged over one such program in Iowa.

Earlier this week, a three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral arguments in the appeal of a federal judge's ruling against Prison Fellowship’s InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI) and the State of Iowa. Americans United for Separation of Church and State sued the Bible-oriented prison program, saying tax dollars should not be used for faith-based rehabilitation.

LINK