1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pro-KJV but not a KJO

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God became a created being?

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So was not Jesus really born human? God being His Father instead of a human father.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was and is God man

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is my understanding from your response:
    1) the second phrase of Colossians 1:15 refers to God in the flesh.
    2) Yes Jesus became, with His bodily resurrection, the first born of the New Creation.
    3) No, first born does not refer to God in the flesh being the foremost of all creation.

If this does not reflect your actual view, sorry but I did my best.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    from: The Difference between "Inspiration" and "Preservation"

"...I tried to emphasize the need to avoid both the extreme of "preservation is not taught in Scripture" and that of "preservation only applies to the King James Bible." [For a decent overview of which Scriptures passages do, and probably do not, teach preservation, see William Combs' article here]. In the process, I emphasized some key differences between the two:

Inspiration:
    1. Is supernatural (personally, directly guided by the Holy Spirit),
    2. Cannot involve mistakes,
    3. Involved special people,
    4. Does not continue once the Canon is completed,
    5. Involved three languages.

Preservation:
    1. Uses secondary means (may be Spirit-led, but not Spirit-inspired; people led by the Spirit still obviously make mistakes),
    2. Involves human mistakes (see, for example, 2Kings 22:8; either human error or malicious intent had let to the Word of God being temporarily set aside; however, it was not permanently lost and cannot be permanently lost),
    3. Involves all Christians everywhere (of various competency!)
    4. Continues until Jesus' 2nd Coming (and maybe beyond?)
    5. Involves all languages

The take-away from this is that you, personally, dear Christian, are involved in preservation (i.e., it's not something unique to the KJV translators, or those of any other translation, for that matter). Every time you quote Scripture to a brother or sister in Christ, every time you teach your children God's Word, every time you witness to a co-worker, every time you memorize the Bible--in all those instances, you, personally, are involved in preservation (regardless of how "good" or "competent" you are, and regardless of whether or not you make mistakes).
    So, Christian, get busy preserving God's Word!

I leave you with this quote which demonstrates that the King James translators themselves had solid grasp of the fact that their new translation was not the only preserved Word of God:
    "Now to the latter we answer, that we do not deny, nay we affirm and avow, that the very meanest translation of the Bible in English set forth by men of our profession contained the word of God, nay, is the word of God: as the King's speech which he uttered in Parliament, being translated in French, Dutch, Italian, and Latin, is still the King's speech, though it be not interpreted by every translator with the like grace, nor peradventure, so fitly for phrase, or so expressly for sense, everywhere."
    (From “The Translators to the Reader,” the preface to the King James Bible)

I believe in The Full Preservation of The Inspiration.

לֹ֥֖א תִּֿרְצָֽ֖ח׃ means, "you shall murder not" and is inspired.
    trə-ṣāḥ

"Thou Shalt not kill" is inspired.

"Do not murder" is inspired.

"It is O.K. to kill an human baby" is NOT inspired.

"Inspiration" does not always run in the same tracks, i.e. the Hebrew, written in Hebrew is Inspired, as well as, The 1611, and later revision and other translations, in English, and other lanuges that say, "Do Not Murder".

That "Inspiration" is CONTAINED within The Words God Has Spoken and Had Written to be Preserved.

The Preservation results from Spirit Lead Comparision, by God's people, of the available manuscripts.

Of all the Modern Bibles that had gross mistranslations when they first came out and similar denials and ommissions of Jesus Pre-Existance, Deity, Virgin Birth, Lordship, etc., etc., that are found in The False-Jehovah Witnesses translation, MANY have been edited back and corrected.

God's people wouldn't have those errors.

They are still out there in many Modern Bibles.

The Modern Bibles' biggest flaw is the over-emphesis and dependance on knowingly corrupted and spurious texts, such as The Codex Vadicanious, and Codex Sinaiticus.

Those two manuscriptes disagree with one another over three thousand times in The Gospels, alone.

That is a lot of disagreement.

They were 'physically' preserved and are old, because no one used them, because they knew they were junk (and found in the garbage).

The Codex Vadicanious, and Codex Sinaiticus were refernced by the KJV Tranlators, but with the causion of know THEY DENY JESUS, EVERYWHERE THEY CAN = DEMONIC.

Jesus can still be Preached and souls Saved from Modern Bibles, but they are lacking in credibility, for this reason and many others.

We need an English Bible written.

I write the Bible without the Elizabethan influence and captalize Deity, when I find it, like The King James Purple points out.

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God:

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send My messenger before Thy face, who shall prepare Thy way before Thee.

3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make His paths straight.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A popular misnomer. He is fully God and fully an immortal Man. Not half God half man. God is not man, Hosea 11:9 and a man is not God, 1 Timoty 2:5.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but in Colossians 1:18 says it regarding the Son, ". . . that in all things he might have the preeminence."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is fully God and Man, as God took on human flesh and sinless human nature!

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus being the Christ, Ephesians 5:5.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I think we are saying the flesh of Christ can be called creation, but of course His divine Spirit is eternal and not creation. So God in the flesh can be said to be foremost of all creation, without suggesting the Second Person of the Trinity was created.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is the Messiah, and God in the flesh.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of God, but the flesh was not in any way God, John 4:24. God is only God. And God is not the man, 1 Timothy 2:5. The Son of God is both. The Father is not the Son.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Yeshua1,
    Please stop with your word games already. There are three distinct Persons who are the one and the same God. The Son became a man and did not cease being God.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both of them are equally Yahweh!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you saying about his flesh not being God then?

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because they, the Father and Son of God, are the one and the same God.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because God never changed. Now the Son of God did change to become a created being by being born a man by way of His human mother's virgin birth. Now as God, the Son of God did not change. John 1:2-3 is why. The how? How He was with God cbanged, not that He "was God."

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is immutable, He never changes.