1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pro-life Christians harrassed in CT

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by lifeandliberty, Nov 16, 2005.

1. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

I can't help but wonder how many more lives could be saved if the energy and resources used for these over-the-top protest were used in witnessing to and praying for the abortion doctors. A life lost to an abortion is a terrible thing. About as bad as anything I can think of. But you know what else is a terrible thing? A person that spends eternity in hell because of the attitudes and actions of those were were supposed to show Christ.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 3
    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I don't know what believers are supposed to do anymore. It's bad form to kill abortion doctors and burn their clinics.

I guess we leave it to the Supremes somewhere deep in the future, while countless millions of babies are murdered.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bad Form? BAD FORM? What part of "Thou shalt not kill" do you not understand! Does God command you to even give this a moment of consideration. Even if one disagrees with ANY abortions, killing doctors is NOT what a sane person would ever advocate.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly and lifeandliberty does NOT advocate killing doctors and/or burning abortion clinics.

Getting in your face, yes.

Trespassing, maybe.

Killing, burning, no.

HankD

6. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Bad Form? BAD FORM? What part of "Thou shalt not kill" do you not understand! Does God command you to even give this a moment of consideration. Even if one disagrees with ANY abortions, killing doctors is NOT what a sane person would ever advocate. </font>[/QUOTE]I said it was bad form... That is not advocating killing murderers, isn't it? I know Gods commandments very well. Lighten up...

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

To save a human life an ambulance driver will break the law and exceed the speed limit.

Jesus used the example of pulling a donkey out of the ditch on the sabbath to illustrate a similar principle of breaking the Law to save even the life of a dumb animal.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ambulances have actually crashed into cars and injured and killed people when speeding. That is why they are not supposed to speed.

I don't think pulling a donkey out of a ditch on the Sabbath was ever against God's law. Jesus just used that to defend himself because he was healing on the Sabbath and the pharisees were trying to accuse him of breaking the Sabbath. The Pharisees might have had man-made teachings against taking an animal out of a ditch or healing on the Sabbath, but God never did.

So Jesus did not advocate breaking a law.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. I should have put quotation marks around "breaking the law".

And yes you are correct, Jesus used the example of the pharisees pulling a donkey out of the ditch on the sabbath to illustrate that even they considered animal life more important than the Sabbath rest.

An aside: But this was not His main argument for healing on the Sabbath or for anything else that He did on the Sabbath (allow His disciples to pick grain), but this is the reason :Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

But as I said previously multitudes of Christians have "broken the law" and were martyred just because they would not bow the knee to Caesar.

HankD

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

[​IMG]

Right. But they violated a command to do something that was against God. That is different than the breaking of laws being discussed here.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, for the most part that is true, killing doctors, arson, etc is not the solution even when abortion was a high crime.

However some christians consider "trespassing" or breaking a city ordinance (carrying signs and slogans which offend) as a law that they can break in order to persuade at least one mother to not shed the innocent blood of her baby.

Today a mother's womb is no longer a sacred place.
    In fact it is one of the most dangerous places on earth for the unborn.

When I was a boy abortion was an unspeakable felony and the word itself was hardly even spoken and associated with shame and disgrace.

Today it is legal, sanitized, a "choice" and often that "choice" is one of convenience (career vs motherhood).

I believe the day is coming, and soon, when Christians in America will have to "break the law" just to call certain sins "sin" and abortion will be one of them.

HankD