1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pro-Life Means Anti-Drone

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 30, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

>It doesn't work like that. I ran is a terrorist state and right now Islam wants to take over the world. They have never in all their history nor are they now want to just be left alone and they will leave us alone. We are being forced into conflict with Islam more that the left (or infowars) wants anyone to know.

Christianity doesn't have a history of taking over the world? Then why does the US want to control the world?

If Islam wants to take over Africa, let them. If Islam wants to take over Europe, it is a European problem.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strawman, no one in the US want to control the world. But Iran is a terrorist state and if they had nukes then it would be WW3. That is a fact and we along with others in the world are simply protecting ourselves.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for Europe, who do we trade with? We outgrew our domestic market a long time ago.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Just a personal opinion but I am not sure the entire middle east is worth one American's life!

5. billwald

billwald New Member

>As for Europe, who do we trade with? We outgrew our domestic market a long time ago.

Then why do we have a negative balance of trade???????????

6. billwald

billwald New Member

>Just a personal opinion but I am not sure the entire middle east is worth one American's life!

I thought it wasn't possible to "put a value on a human life." Could I please see the math?

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of that is due to imported oil and goods from China.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What??? Are you for real?

The only way you could come up with the idea that "no one in the US wants to control the world" is if you have never heard of the neocons or the "international community". Every time one of them opens their mouth or puts pen to paper they say that "we have to control the world".

You can try as much as you like to alter reality by ignoring a mountain of facts and evidence you don't like or think is crazy but it doesn't change reality one little bit. It doesn't work like that. Reality is reality whether you choose to accept it as such or not.

I've read the PNAC documents, I've read "securing the realm", I've read all the neocon documents that I can find, I've listened to the neocons every time one speaks and their message is always the same. America must control the whole world or the terrorists will get us! There's no way you could have missed this neocon message unless you were deliberately trying to. I for one do not believe for an instant that you have never heard of the neocons or never heard their message. It's been aired on every corporate/ monopoly tv network and comes from the mouths of every globalist politician in the world 24/7 from the moment George Bush said "if you aren't with us you're with the terrorists."

And just who are these terrorists the neocons are always using to scare us into going along with their endless war plans? The same terrorists that they have been training, arming, funding and using as proxy forces to overthrow other governments and cause civil wars in their pursuit to control the whole world for decades. That's who they are.

You can't change reality simply by ignoring the parts of it that you don't like Rev all you can do is fool yourself into believing a false reality and from the looks of your above statement you are doing a fine job of it. How is that suppose to help us find a way out of the mess we find ourselves in?

#28 poncho, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
  9. billwald

billwald New Member

Monroe Doctrine

http://history.state.gov/milestones/1801-1829/Monroe

The bilateral statement proposed by the British thereby became a unilateral declaration by the United States. As Monroe stated: "The American continents … are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future colonization by any European powers." Monroe outlined two separate spheres of influence: the Americas and Europe. The independent lands of the Western Hemisphere would be solely the United States' domain. In exchange, the United States pledged to avoid involvement in the political affairs of Europe, such as the ongoing Greek struggle for independence from the Ottoman Empire, and not to interfere in the existing European colonies already in the Americas.

By the mid-1800s, Monroe's declaration, combined with ideas of Manifest Destiny, provided precedent and support for U.S. expansion on the American continent. In the late 1800s, U.S. economic and military power enabled it to enforce the Monroe Doctrine. The doctrine's greatest extension came with Theodore Roosevelt's Corollary, which inverted the original meaning of the doctrine and came to justify unilateral U.S. intervention in Latin America.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Anyone who says "no one in the US wants to control the world" must have failed to read and comprehend the "Wolfowitz Doctrine" of 1992 and PNAC's "Rebuilding America's Defenses". And for certain sure they never bothered to read Zbigniew Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard, American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives" written in the 1990's.

The idea of pre emptive war, regime change and remaking the middle east was in the works long before 9/11 and before George W. Bush became president. The groundwork for "Pax Americana" was already well laid by that time.

And we've been witness to it's implementation ever since. None of the unconstitutional wars we are engaged in now came as any surprise to our "national security" apparatus as they were planned long ago and we have been seeing the plan for "global dominance" systematically carried out.

The reason we are told we have to dominate the world is to protect us from terrorists but when the plans were being formulated there was little to no threat of terrorism to the United States.

The "war on terror" is a hoax. Like Hank says the only way one can believe that it's real is to engage in mindless "double think". To forget that the terrorists have been our allies in many "regime changes" from Iran in 1953 on through to today in Syria.

The Salafists have gone from being our friends to our enemies and back so many times now it's incredible how anyone can still believe the "war on terror" is anything but a hoax.

But here we set still arguing in favor of the illusion while our government carries out one assassination after another even of American citizens without even a whiff of due process and in violation of international law. Now we hear of these drones flying in our own skies. Sometime in the near future up to 30,000 of them might be circling over our heads day and night. What's to stop you from being the next target? We can forget about our "rights" and due process of law we already gave those up so the government can keep us safe from the Salafists. Remember?

#30 poncho, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012