1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Problem with Quicktime Movie format.

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Ingo Breuer, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

I have a Kodak Z650 digital camera which lets you record video in the .mov (Quicktime Movie) format. Recently I noticed that I can't move, rename or delete .mov files. Only when I uninstall the Quicktime player am I able to move, rename or delete .mov files. But then I am not able to view these files. When I try to delete, rename or move a .mov file I get the following error message: "It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using this file and try again." I am not aware of any other program running. I have turned off anything I am aware of.

1. What must I do to be able to view, rename, delete or move .mov-files?

To be honest, I am not satisfied with the .mov format. I wished my Kodak digital camera would record .avi because that can directly be processed with Windows Movie Maker.

2. Is anybody aware of a free movie editor that can handle .mov?

Apple offers the Quicktime Pro software for about 20 or 30 dollars. Would that program enable me to create movies and slideshows from .mov, .wmv, .avi and .jpg files. Does Quicktime Pro offer the ease of Windows Movie Maker. I would like to know more about the video editing capabilities of Quicktime Pro before making a purchase.

Thank you for any information.