1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Profanity....come on; 'fess up!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 20, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, and I repented [on the spot]...

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Yes, and I repented later in time....

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. No. Not once has filth been uttered from my born-again lips!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'd rather not say....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It is a part of the ongoing battle between the new and old man....

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  6. When I am not with other believers, I may slip and utter words I wish I'd hadn't!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I watch my outh around others, but struggle when alone....

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. God is still working with me and my mouth!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. I believe in 1 John 1:8...no one is perfect!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  10. I am perfect when it comes to a pure mind and mouth!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I loved the poll and all the many answers that came from the thread....however, I have to ask one question, and I'd love to have ALL of you be totally honest.

Have your lips ever passed forth a piece of profanity, purposely or accidentally, since being born again???

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Maybe you should have taken a little different tactic here. ;)

What comes out of your mouth when you hit your thumb with a hammer?

In answer to your poll, I am guilty of uttering words that shouldn't have been though or said. Usually with instant regret that they came out of my mouth. :tear:

That said, I'm fortunate, perhaps blessed is a better word, to have had parents who would not tolerate in any manner, certain words spoken by one of their children. What we'd probably label "cuss" and "vulgar" words. You'd better be talking about a dam across a creek, for example.

At the same time, within our family circle there was a person who though nothing of "cussing", including using God's name. Thus, this person was an example of what not to do, what not to emulate. A teaching tool, if you will.

That combo, in my past, made it easier not to pick up the HABIT, as seems to be the case with some around me. Thus, I don't have the same degree of struggle as some who are trying to reform their speech. I'm not patting myself on the back. Just counting a blessing that this is one of the smaller stumbling blocks on my narrow path.

Yes, I do trip and fall, from time to time, especially around hammers.

3. Monster

Monster New Member

Certainly, far too often.

In fact, I've only-ever used profanity as a Christian. I was born-again young, and grew into my ummm...poor word choices. <---Oh wretched man.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't purpose to curse in front of others.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I like to ask professing atheist that one. Is it Mohammad ,Buddha,Confucius? What's the one name above all names that is profaned?

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Saggy....

I don't believe any of intend to curse in front of others. Does that make us hypoctircal? I don't think so..... JUST still a human being, first & Child of God second, yet foremost!

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's been *a few times I'm glad no one is around to hear me while driving in amongst a bunch of *&#$% idiots.

One of my earliest memories as a child, three maybe four years old, was my mother sitting me down and explaining to me why we couldn't say sh#t anymore... bless her heart, she loved her church and selflessly 'washed the saint's feet', there's no doubt she was indeed a true blue Christian.

[edit] *more than a few times

#7 kyredneck, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013